~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, September 18

Welcome :o)

I hope you're clearing your throat,I fully expect a least a "Yaaarrrrrrrrrr" tomorrow!

We love Birthdays.Boo couldn't come home on her birthday in August,so she reserved the right to have a birthday dinner at a later date.That later date is tomorrow night.Her boyfriend left today for a year to study in Japan,and Boo is blue,so the perfect weekend to come home to us :o) And her selections for her birthday dinner are inspired....NY strip steaks on the grill,potato salad,carmelized onions,a veggie & salad.So its a last hoorah for summer too.[A Helpful Cooking Tip...do NOT forget to wear gloves when slicing all those onions, if you cut and dinged the living hell out of both hands at work.Trust me on that,I don't need to draw you a picture.]
I've been thinking about Boo a lot today.I checked my e-mail earlier,and got notice of new items from a company I'd ordered from before ....giantmicrobes.Yes,giant microbes.com.When she went to college as a freshman,I thought she's want something to keep her company,and dorm rooms are small,so it had to be small.I didn't quite know what to do,until inspiration hit.......Black Death !!! That's right,I saw Black Death and fell in love, and thought "What better thing for a Mom to do than to give Black Death to her daughter? And it'd make a great conversation piece ["Hey,Your Ma sent cookies,but My Ma sent me the Black Death !! That's true love!"]

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/calamities/

I got her mad cow and black death [under "Calamities] I have the mad cow now,it reminds me of my cow seat covers.I think black death suffered a calamity.

I also got a "Welcome to the Club" e-mail from BOMC :o) My box o' books should be here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! But....WHO are they kidding, welcoming me and showing *me* around the site? Don't they know they welcomed me 12 times before? When their "contact us" link didn't work,who told 'em? Me! When their site was down,who called 'em? Me !When their sales prices weren't reflected in the cart [due to a scripting error,I hear] who informed them of the "technical issue" ? Me ! :O) So,maybe *I* should show *them* around the site :o)
Now,don't forget.....I need a least a muffled "Avast there ye mateys" !!

No comments: