~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, September 7

Whoopsie !

I knew my time would come!!! In my local paper today,I read about a new trend...Frosting shots:

http://recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080907/LIFE/809070318

Steve and I really sync up on the cake/icing issue.I steal his icing,he steals my cake,and we're both happy. I have never seen frosting served all on it's lonesome before,and now it's the latest trend!
Also,some sad news,but all my fault...[sit down,T ]I closed the kitchen window right on the flower stalk of my amaryllis,snapping it cleanly off.For those of you who know amaryllis,there is no hope for that flower.It may throw another stalk,and in any case,I'll let it continue to grow,so it can store energy for next year.It's 18 inches tall now :/ If I do get a secondary off of it,you'll be the first to know :o) On a side note,one of my online friends,reading about the amaryllis,sent me hers.She [read:her cats] do not like it,so I adopted it.TYVM,Marie,it's here,a little worse for wear,but I'll take good care of it.[don't tell me what color it is,I like to be surprized :O)]I also bought one off of eBay....a red,like the one I have,and am waiting for it right now,so I'll have 3.That might not sound like a lot,but these things get huge.I think I'll put them in the bathroom,Steve already calls it the Jungle,so he probably won't notice a few more plants in there [and if he does I'll bake him a cake ;o)
We read with a lot of interest,plans the town has to build up our town ,we are a hamlet of a bigger town.Todays' paper sez the town is allowing homes to be built here.Only problem is,the only land they could build on is literally swamp land.We are a town of.....OMG....I know everyone in this town by name or face or both.I'd say we have a lil shy of 100 residents.I Googled my town,in the interest of giving you facts,and Google says we have over 10,000 ! Not if you're not including the deer,bear rabbit and squirrel population! We're so small,they keep confusing us with a town in N.C,and a town on Staten Island.Oh,and look at that! The street we've lived on for more than 18 years is actually part of the bigger town,it moved 10 miles and no one told us! Wow,that's bigger than frosting shots !! :o)

5 comments:

Shirla said...

Oh yum I think I would like those frosting shots. lol
I'm sorry to hear about your flower, {{{{Gail}}}}

Anonymous said...

just the thought of frosting about sends me into sugar shock, but now I can explain my oldest's adversion to cupcakes, he gets it from me, only worse.
Finally I don't get a call from school everytime someone brings in cupcakes LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh boy oh boy! I need to find that cupcake place...

r.i.p 'ryllis. i was almost THIS close to drooling over you...

Gail said...

TYVM,Shirla :o) It was just about the stupidest thing I ever did,it was so stupid instead of getting upset I had to stand there laughing at myself :o)And Lee,see,we were destined to be friends,I'll GIVE you the cake if I can have the icing :o)

Gail said...

T,don't give up yet,it stil may throw another flower stalk,and even if it doesn't it's funny looking,so I like it.Also,I have the one Marie gave me on the kitchen windowsill by my original one.I think her cats were pawing it around.She warned me it was rough,but omg,it sets me to laughing every time I look at it [SORRY Marie!! Really ! But you have to admit,it's pretty beat up :o)]And as far as the icing goes,who are you kidding?? You just come here and I will hook you up,homemade buttercream frosting on the spice cake on Turkey Day honey :o)