~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, September 23

Nope. It doesn't hurt one bit.

What a great day ! [Steve,don't read this part]I got a new bow from the 'bay last night [ok,you can start reading again] and it should be here this week.It was a funny kinda day at work.My hair clip broke,and a co-worker walked by while I was trying to repair it.His comment...."Oh,your hair looks red down,that explains a few things" [@@ ?????]And,you know you're starting to become a regular when you get teased.My supervisor asked me if I wanted some peanuts today,and handed me 2 packing peanuts.So,when I left,I left them at my station with a note"There are Gails peanuts,if you leave chocolate,they will do a great trick,they can play dead" :o)

Stevie just got ROCKING news.For some reason,he has not gotten a paycheck YET this school year..... he's a teacher at the local high school.Oooooooooooooooooooooh,I wanted to go in there and put a hurtin on someone for him [and ,I went to h.s with the assistant for the super.of personnel,and he remembers me,so he'd better be careful,do NOT mess with my kids!!!!]Stevie just got a huge retro check,and found out he was upped a pay scale too,VERY cool beans.He sounds like he's flying,and that makes my heart sing.OK,I won't hurt good ol Ed now.

Well,slap my head and call me doofus! Did you know that,if you hang aprons by the oven,and one of the ties happens to get caught in the oven door when the oven is ON,that you will smell scorching ?This is not something you want to smell while making dinner.You just LOOKED at the chicken,you KNOW that's not charring,so why would you look at the oven again? Now,I can answer a question I've had for a loooong time....No.It does NOT hurt to be that stupid.Only to watch it,not to actually BE that stupid.
Now,it may have come to your attention that I prefer to approach some of lifes' lesser moments with a little humor.ANYone who knows me knows how I feel about ticks.I was cleaning out my pfc today,and found this,directions I wrote for a friend on how to remove a tick.You may want to save them for future reference.

How to remove a Tick.
By Gail

1) Look at it.
2) Scream like there's no tomorrow.
3) Call in family members to view tick [depending on it's location on you,this could be anyone from just the hubby to the whole crew
4) Make sure the family makes enough "oh poor you" noises,or yell at them and make them do it again.
5) Look for your tweezers,you know,the eyebrow tweezers you can never find because your daughter borrows them.
6) Take a deep breath.
7) Gently but firmly,put the tweezers down and take another deep breath
8) Swear,just loud enough so the people in the next town over can hear you...you are a lady,you do not want the whole county to hear,after all,this isn't a rat in the toilet bowl ;o) [that's a whole nother story]
9) Pull the tick out,trying to lever the tweezers under it's %^&&^% head,because if it gets left behind and you have to dig that out,you have to start with step 1 all over again.
10) Hold the tick right up to your eyes to verify that you,indeed got the whole friggin thing out.
11) Swear viciously,as you are over 40 so your near vision sucks,and you do NOT want that tick anywhere near your eyeball.
12) Wrap the tick in 27 tissues
13) Call for a male family member to take that garbage can to the curb,you have heard stories of ticks biting thru 27 layers of tissue to come back and reattach to the people who took them off.
14) Place one of those long,squiggly straws in a large bottle of merlot.
15) Curl up on the couch with the bottle and the squiggly straw,and make hubby wait on you hand and foot,up to and including take out for dinner,and a full body massage.
16) Go find you another tick,cause DAYUM that massage was good.

2 comments:

tech2tech2day said...

Gail,my friend.I just got back,and Dean told me what he said.I believe you handled him with admirable restraint,and I thank you for that.And,in the future,if he says things like that,please feel free to "let loose" on him,he deserves it sometimes.
Love you and miss you,
Nin

Gail said...

Nin! Welcome home! Please don't worry too much about Dean.He kept most of his comments to e-mail,he didn't post them here.Love you too,just give him a slap upside his head,OK? I know he didn't mean to hurt me,but that's a sore subject :O) How can you hurt someone who honestly thinks they're supporting you?? :O( YGM,and welcome home :o)