~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Wednesday, September 3

I got Goo babe

I wasn't gonna say anything,because I still don't know if I *have* the job yet...but I go in on fri,so they can test my aptitude,and see if I can do the job.So,there's a chance [and not a small one] that I'm an ass and won't do it well.There,I outted myself.I never saw myself at this age getting the willies over a job,but there ya go.I didn't realize it would be that technically challenging,if you hear a guy yelling at me to stop,stop,for the love of God stop on fri.,then you'll know how the story ended.
So much for being virtuous.I washed and waxed the floors yesterday...honest injun,I know that's hard to believe.Next door gave me this HUGE bottle of kikkoman teriyaki [it was from BJ's,so you can imagine how big it is was.]I used it on chix breast on sun and threw the rest of the bottle in the fridge...do you see the perfect storm brewing?Well,I didn't either.]

[a HUGE aside here.I took Latin in high school,and fell in love with a word:
Defenestrate
which means:
a throwing of a person or thing out of a window

So I was going to blog that the teriyaki defenestrated itself,but that wouldn't have been right.Yes,I think of stupid crap like that.But just the same,I wanted to introduce you to one of my favorite words.Fast forward down the years, I had each of my kids take Latin.One by one,My lovely kids would come to me and use the word,and wait to see if I knew what it meant.I LOVED that :o) back to my tale of woe :]

I tried to stuff a gallon of o.j in the fridge,and the damn teriyaki jumped out of the fridge,and broke it's cap,spilling all over the floor and ruining my leopard print sandals. [I have to wonder if Steve set that up,he hated those puppies]I'm telling you this for 2 reasons:
1) So you don't make the mistake of waxing your floor after accepting a trojan gift of teriyaki. Teriyaki picks up fresh wax and leaves a gooey,viscous thing behind.Like that 50's movie ,The Blob.Only not as cute.And Definitely stinkier.
2)Second, the second you are offered,out of the blue,a huge bottle of teriyaki,lock your favorite-but-everyone-else-hates-them sandals in a closet until the teriyaki kills itself....and it will.Leave the floor dirty,and tell everyone *I* said so.Just don't tell 'em where to find me.Or I'll defenestrate you [you KNEW I'd have to use my word on you :o)]

2 comments:

John Voss said...

Funny story...the terriyaki terror, but keep in mind: "illegitimi non carborundum!!"

BTW, here's a cool site for you to check out: www.shorpy.com

absolutely great old photographs; even some from the 1860s.

Gail said...

""illegitimi non carborundum!!"
"
You do not know how funny that is,I was thinking that about the person who gave me the teriyaki in the first place while I was in clean up mode :o)GMTA :o) And thanks so much for shorpy! I have a lot of B&W from when my Dad was a young man,1940ish,and only a few earlier than that,of my grandparents,I LOVE that site! The oldest print I have,I believe from 1870-1880 of my Grandma down at tuxedo park,with a woman she worked with,before she married Grandad.Simply looking at B&W puts your head in a different place.That and the distinct look of Polaroids from the 60's :o)