~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, September 30

Sorry pt 2,a few questions answered

Update:
How Steve found out about it.Steve is a pretty peppy guy,but started feeling tired.All the time.Bone crushing tired,he knew something was wrong.So started the battery of tests.It was discovered that he had a very high white blood cell count.And,I told Steve about his tumor,not the Dr.We have papers signed at our dr's office,there's nothing about me they can't tell him,and there;s nothing about him they can't tell me.So one night,when Steve was on his way home from work,they called here,asked if I was Gail,and in a very matter-of-fact voice proceeded to tell me he had a brain tumor.You never forget phone calls like that,do you? I was making shake n bake chicken for dinner,and mashed potatoes and peas.After the call I tried to stir the peas and they wound up all over the floor,I had to switch to broccoli.Anything else? And,TYVM Lee,I meant what I said.

3 comments:

toypartman said...

Gail tells me a few of you friends out there are upset about this brain tumor thing. Let me shed some light. I have a non-cancerous tumor of the pituitary gland. The pituitary is directly under the brain and approximately located right between the eyes about 2 inches in. It is considered a brain tumor BUT its nothing like what most of you think a brain tumor is or does. Basically it messes up my hormone levels and if left unchecked can make me blind by growing up into the optic nerve which is right above the tumor. It IS very much in check and well controlled through various medications, so no worries out there. We call the tumor "Timmie" (you know, like the kid in the wheelchair on South Park). At least once a week Gail threatens to hit me so hard she'll knock Timmie right outta my head. We laugh at it and so should you. But thanks for caring.

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

See! He is a strong guy,and we are lucky :O) And now,when they do MRI's at least they can find something! And I beLIEVE I said I'd hit you so hard Timmah would pop out' yo mouth,if I remember correctly :o)LYM Babe :o)Oh...and I don't want to hear "MY" socks? On the floor? Oh,no it musta been Timmah!" ;o)

[Oh,and I deleted my first comment,it would be nice if I could spell ;o)]