~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, September 18

Is there an echo in here?

I'm home,and I ought to be marinating chicken breasts and setting out the steaks to warm up a bit before they hit the grill.I'm waiting for Boo and the Steves right now.Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing,I moved my cello out of Boos room and wound up playing for a while,and then I signed on to check my e-mail.Went to Google,and discovered the artist skins for your Google home page! Played with them for a bit,and came here.Noticed that I've had about double my normal traffic for the day,so I went to the aol boards,and sure enough,they're down again.

[An aside:if you ask nice I'll show you where my counter is.All I wanted to know was,am I speaking to myself or myself and others?The invisible counter tells me how many unique hits I get in a day...so,if you read my blog,then come back later that day to click on a link I posted or laugh at a pic,then you won't be counted.Today,-the hit counter goes from midnight to midnight...I've had 103 visitors.I usually run around 55-60,so I knew right away something was up.Hi everybody :o)]

[Another aside:the same thing happens here that happened at the lol board.I had a counter there too,and people will read but don't want to speak.That's cool,just sometimes I like to know if you're there,or if there's an echo]

What did I come in here to show you? Oh,right....so I was at Google [ah,back on my train of thought] and saw this: [actually,I saw "Beethoven" and got curious]

http://people.howstuffworks.com/mad-genius.htm

There,now you can go look around.I recommend signing up at Google and customizing your page.You don't have to do it all in one fell swoop,but you'll like the results when you're done.

I'm going to meet Steve at the door with a drink and a smile :o) This seems to be a good thing to do on friday nights.He called before he left work ad was wondering if he'd get a drink,hehehe.I told him sure,a crushed ice screwdriver,and he asked if we had any lil umbrellas for it.I ran and put them on the store list,we don't have them...but I'll meet him with the drink and a huge Toyota umbrella.....I don't think Toyota corporate had this usage in mind when they were passing out the stadium umbrellas,but that's their problem,not mine.
TGIF !!! and I hope you all have a great evening :o)

6 comments:

Shirla said...

I love my Google home page. I am always changing the skin/themes on it and adding gadgets to it. I did notice today that all my stuff is all on one side, it was all side by side. I tried resetting it but it stuff comes up all lined up on one side, the left side. I'm hoping when I shut my computer down tonight that is will be back like I like it in the morning.

Shirla said...

Dear sweet Gail, would you please tell me where your hidden counter is? Thank you so very much. :) Is that sweet enough? ;)

Gail said...

Anything for you,my friend,YGM :o)

Shirla said...

Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

pssst... ask your daughter about stacked apples, and having a friend in jesus ;-) better yet... tell her to SHOW you how she has a friend in jesus! Hahahaha XD

Gail said...

T,as it happens,Boo was sitting right next to me when I read your comment.So she showed me.I have to say,you have quite the odd taste in entertainment :o)Was that a 70's version? And Steve is boppin'over there,it's quite frightening :o)I swear,this is proof that you and I came from the same gene pool {{{{{{{{{{{{{T}}}}}}}}}}}}And she told me about the stacking apples earlier,I tohught apples were always stacked,like in a store or something.Guess I'm a lil crazy.But then,we all knew that :o)