~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, September 26

BOMC has landed :o)

I saw an ad for National Fire Pup day....I kid you not...on a PBS station.It got me to thinking about "wacky" holidays. I went looking for them,- MAN there are a lot of them,and they aren't hard to find. I believe in celebrating anything that makes ...well.....anything.Period.Life is too short not to celebrate things that matter to you or make you laugh.Or Smile.But some of these "holidays" are really out there.For every holiday that I laugh at as being screwball,someone else is laughing at my sacred cows. For example,I laugh at "Chicken Boy's Day [Sept 1] but Chicken Boy devotees are surely laughing at "Talk like a Pirate Day "[Sept 19] [Yarrrrrrrrgh,I'll keelhaul them Chicken Boy lovers !!] So,I decided to share my favorite wacky holidays with you,right here,so you'll always know about the holidays that are off the beaten path.Today,for example,three holidays are celebrated that I never colored in a ditto for at school,

[an aside....if ONE person makes reference to my age because I used the word ditto,I will keelhaul them.]

or saw a parade for,or a commercial for,for that matter. Today is:

National Shamu the Whale Day
National Love Letter Day
Dog Scouts of America Day

I know which one I'll laugh at,which one I'm neutral about,and which one I'm celebrating with all my heart :o)
What a great day! Work was work,and I got to come home to Steve,instead of the other way around.Very Queen-for-a-day-ish,and I appreciated it.[I would have appreciated it more if he wasn't in the middle of a "Planet of the Apes" marathon,but you can't have everything.]PLUS.....MY BOOKS ARE HERE !!! I came home and there they were,luring me onto the couch for a read.That poor laundry is gonna get an inferiority complex.A rainy day,a box of books,the best coffee in the world,and my Honey.That's living :o)

And,a Gentle Thought for the Day.....

~ There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look for it.For example,I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt .~

13 comments:

toypartman said...

I love to read your blogs my love. You have a certain flair for the written word. Must have been all them damn books you've read!! LYM

Gail said...

:o) :o)TYVM,Hon,I thought you were a once in a while reader :o) Did you read T's message from yesterdays blog entry? She wants to go HURT my cup-o-soup nazi :o) [oh:
p.s...Dear Steve....I put the books on your card,I'd rather owe you than cheat you outta the $$ ;o)They were an early Dog Scout day present,it was just serendipity that they showed up today. Honest Injun!! LYM Hon]

BadBooking said...

You know something mom, a low-tech way of knowing what weird holidays pop up is just by watching the weather report on CBS2 at like 6:20 in the morning. John Elliott ALWAYS has a weird holiday, as for instance, 2 weeks ago it was National Biscuits and Gravy week! And I know you cook a swell dinner with those ingredients ;).

And as a first-time poster, I'll apologize for missing the power of the blog, and how you do have a knack for making certain things click. I shouldn't feel shy in reading more about family happenings, and now this is in my favorites (at least upstairs). Keep up the good work ma! -T-

John Voss said...

"wrinkles don't hurt"

Gail, if this line is truly yours, you will soon achieve immortality. Absoflippinlutely class A clever! Run right out and get a copyright.

Gail said...

Tony! My Man! The first one of you guys brave enough to comment :O)This is a red letter day for me! Very nice!! I promise I'll warn you if I blog about something that will put your eyes out ;o)

Gail said...

Wow,and hello to you too John! Nope it's not mine,but I surely recognize the truth in it :o)I was only clever enough to type it,I'm good at that ;o)Good to see you!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhh fresh dittos in the morning, those were the days.

And I want to wish you early a...
on September 27

Succoth

Crush a Can Day

World Tourism Day

Tonight Show Debuted (1954)

Fun and Fancy Free Day (1947)

Ancestor Appreciation Day

National Women's Health and Fitness Day

and on Sunday...

September 28

Gone-ta-pott Day

First Airport Opened

Ask a stupid question day

Teacher's Day (Birthday of philosopher Confucius)

Read a Child a Book You Like Day

Family Health & Fitness Day

Marshmallow Twisters Day

Gail said...

Oooooooooh,Lee...
"Fun and Fancy Free Day (1947)"
Now THAT sounds like my kinda holiday :o)

Anonymous said...

Auntie Gail? If wrinkles hurt... my forehead would hurt worse than yours. And I'm only 22 :-( Don't give me none of that subcutaneous crap, hahaha. Give me your secrets!

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

Oh,hot Damn Tina I love you!! You paid for the Palin pic in FULL !!!!!! :O) :O) :O)
Here's my secret...cup o soup.Chicken noodle or tomato only ;o)

Anonymous said...

*gasp* but I would NEVER eat...

okay! :-D

*runs off to go buy a case*

and beef will GIVE YOU A HART ATAK OMG!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, you know what I want so bad? A STEAK. I wonder if I can get anyone to take me out to Odessas tonight... have you ever had roumanian steak? It's the most orgasmic thing you will EVER eat IN YOUR LIFE. It's the best cut of meat that the butchers usually save for themselves, so no one knows about it... but gosh, it's INSAAAANE.

Gail said...

Tina,you Slay me :o) I have got to have my steak !! I've never heard of roumanian steaks,I'll go ask the butcher @ ShopRite if he can get it.When he gets done rolling his eyes [sometime next year]I'll lyk if I got it or not.Thanks to Boo,we're all going thru a NY Strip steak-on-the-grill phase.Oh,yeah,baby.