~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Wednesday, September 10

Sharp as a Tack !

Dichotomy:

-Division into two mutually exclusive,opposed,or contradictory groups.

Another favorite word of mine.Dichotomies are always good for a few yuks.Today,I heard a grand dichotomy.I was leaving my work area,and the song "Don't you Love her Madly" was playing on the radio.This is the ringtone Steve has on his cell for me,so I always notice when it's playing.I walked into another area,and from another radio heard "PUT YOUR HANDS UP !!! PRAISE JESUS !!! "It about stopped me dead in my tracks,I was still trying to process being yelled at to put up my hands.I did keep walking though :O) On the way back,oh,what a lovely thing....a drop-dead gorgeous A capella recording of "Just a closer walk with Thee",-the harmony was so tight it would have given you goosebumps.[I just spent 15 minutes looking thru youtube for anything close,and there's nothing there,I'm talking vocal quartet in a blues country-choir style]So,by opening a door and walking 20 feet,I can go from The Doors to conservative Christian radio :O) I *like* that! :O) If you had heard some of the questions I was asked [by the president of the company,you'd think he'd know better]during the interview process,well,Steve and I were belly laughing at some of them.I still have not shown my drivers license or my s.s.card !!! But...any workplace,where so many different lifestyles are happily accomodated,that's where I want to be.[Plus,I like them,they like me and I'm "sharp as a tack" :O)] [Yeah,I'm so sharp I can't find a pic...that *I* scanned into the puter,burned to disk,and uploaded to my laptop...ANYwhere.I KNOW it's here,it taunts me by showing up on the photo screen saver I run.I looked in all the pics, in documents,and even in pics saved from e-mail,sometimes the pics like to take a vacation.NO dice,I can't find it anywhere.Oh Yeah.Sharp as a tack,OK :O)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think the picture will just show up when you stop looking for it.

Also, my e-mail problem has been fixed.

Gail said...

:o) It's like a splinter in my finger,it's bothering the HELL outta me :o)