~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, October 7

The Stove Incident

Dear Steve,
Hellllllooooooooooooooo! I know you're probably surprized,why,WHY would I write you a note in my blog? Why not just look over at you and say something? Well,here's the deal....I did,Mr Car Guy. I am waiting for a solenoid for the drivers door and a motor for the rear wiper on my truck. Oh,Yeah! Remember those? Car thingies ? YOUR gig ??? You don't do laundry or vacuum,and I don't work on cars ?? [stop laughing,it *could* happen.] [and while you're ordering things,I need a new wiper on the drivers side too.]

Now,I believe,over the course of our years together, I have firmly established that *I* do not make idle threats. Would you like a reminder of some of the threats I've carried out? No?? Wise Man!! [hehehe] So,here's the deal,my man......you order those parts.Tomorrow.Or.....I will go on strike.That's right, ANOTHER strike. Now,my last strike ended very well for both parties :O) How bad can me being on strike AGAIN be,you ask? Well,I'll have plenty of time on my hands,and I know how to use a phone and e-mail. Doncha think your Mom would Loooove a long juicy e-mail about socks all over the floor,and shaving gel can rings in the bathroom? She would hand you your head for breakfast,wouldn't she? Hmmmm,Lance and Stevie D. Wouldn't they LOVE it if I called your main work number,got one of them,and dished with them ? It's been a while since I've spoken to any of the people in your department,I'm sure they would LOVE a call from me! Consider it a pre-Christmas Party chat!! Hey,while I'm at it,why don't I just take some pics and e-mail them in? I know all those lil e-mail addresses at work! You sure would have some 'splainin' to do !! Oh,and hey....I'll sic my KF friends, hell,my PP,BP,and loopie friends too, on you.ONE word to them,along with your e-mail addy,and you would be reading e-mails from my friends until Judgement Day !! I did that to you once before hon,-remember the stove incident?* Do you honestly need a repeat of that? Ahhh,I see you're getting the point. The parts? Tomorrow? Thank you very much,Babe,I appreciate it ;o)

[ * One HELL of a long aside......The Stove Incident.Once upon a time,it was time for Steve and Gail to purchase a new range.Gail cooks big,and hosts huge holiday parties,and she knew that she needed a double range. Steve was reluctant to part with that much dinero. Since these 2 agree that all major decisions should be joint,they reached an impasse. Until Gail got an idea. She felt that,if only Steve looked at the Maytag Gemini range more,he would fall in love with it as she did. So,she showed it to him. Again and again. And Again. She e-mailed him pics every day,with different subject lines,so he's have to open each e-mail. She called his main work number,got his co-workers,and extolled the virtues of a double range to them,suggesting that Steve would WANT to know about it!! Them she fired up the printer and got really creative. A pic in his wallet. A pic in the console of his car. A pic,snail-mailed to him at work. A pic in all his shirt pockets. A pic in the cookie jar he keeps his wallet and cell phone in. A pic among the bills in his wallet. A pic in EVERY dresser drawer. A fresh pic, lovingly wrapped around his toothbrush each night.A pic on his pillow every night. A pic given to him by each child. A pic rubber-banded around the t.v remote. A pic in each of his beloved breakfast cereal boxes. At this point,Steve was on the fence....teetering,but not convinced. Until the final push.Gail confided in a multitude of her relatives and friends,and gave them each Steves' e-mail addy. She implored them,convince Steve that Gail has to have a double range!! And so,the fun began. Steve was flooded with so many e-mails,EACH containing the pic of the double range and a plea to man up and buy the damn thing,that he finally yelled UNCLE ! Gail got her double range.And they still laugh about the Stove Incident :O) Good Times :o) ]

4 comments:

toypartman said...

Ok,ok, I give!! Jeeeze us please us. The parts will be ordered tommorow my dearest. I do not need a bajillion pics of wiper motors and door lock solenoids. No I don't. What is it about this strike thing? What does going out on strike entail? You know, I just may like the strike. I think I'm going to call shenanigans on the strike. (This is like the seen in Animal House were the plebes are getting smacked on the ass while asking for another!) LYMMST

Gail said...

You can't call shenannigans,I'll go on strike!!Then again,if you order the parts,you might just like the strike ;o)LYM Honey :o)

tech2tech2day said...

Dear Gail,
I remember that,I was one of the people that e-mailed that picture to Steve.You picked the white range,correct? Very funny.I see what you did left an impression on Steve.
Peace,
Nina

Gail said...

Nin,I remember too....That was the old tech board.Good times there. I think almost everyone from the board e-mailed Steve,I thought I'd bust a gut laughing at his poor face :O) "You did WHAT??" :o)