~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, October 3

Freaky Cacti

I would like to know why:
Microsoft advertizing says it's "A world without walls"...... you can't have Windows without walls.

So,the job is going really well.The hardest part is the actually getting there. On my 4 minute [yes, 4.32 whole minute] commute,I need to make a left from a blind corner at zero mph into commuter traffic,and I'm not kidding,the commuter buses go upwards of 70 mph past my town. I am PRAYING that when the leaves come off the trees I'll have a better visual of oncoming from the right, now it's the "Hail Mary" school of driving. It's starting to cause me a wee bit of anxiety every morning,approaching that turn. This morning I pulled out,and who's coming up on my ass out of nowhere but a commuter bus and a box truck abreast of each other. This is not my preferred method of waking up, you floor it and you find you're approaching corners at 75. I'd LOVE LOVE for the cops to be around,but there aren't many places for them to coop between here and there,and the places they do have,hell, EVERYone knows where they are and slows down. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Steve for my V8. It gets a workout every day :o)

Speaking of Steve...we have developed a habit of him being met at the door,with a drink with an umbrella in it [hehehe] every Friday night.He is not a big drinker. One drink [at least,the way *I* pour them] is enough to cause an abrupt change in attitude. He has been home and under my siren spell for all of 25 minutes. Tony did something to piss me off [do NOT get sent to the store with a list, include 2 containers of ice cream that weren't on the list,AND pay for them with my debit card.You have a cell phone,please use it] so I was giving him a piece of my mind. What does Steve do? He talks right over me asking Tony... "What flavors did you get?" Well. I turned my head very slowly towards HIM,and gave HIM the look. He's over there laughing his ass off,saying "Oooooooooooh,Ooooooooooooooh "and waving his hands around in a faux "I'm a-scared" way. Someone is going to get another attitude adjustment.One he didn't see coming. ;o)

And here are two pics,straight from me to you.This is a cactus.....Boo and Stevie got it for me,around 10 years ago,and it is supposed to be a Christmas Cactus. Either they mislabeled it at the nursery,or it's got it's freak on,cause it always blooms at or before Halloween for me. [I prefer to think it's got it's freak on] This is the cactus right now, you can see all the buds on it,I'll get another pic when the buds open up. I love this sucker :o)

2 comments:

TronWife said...

Your plants all look so nice. Right now, I have one that I've repotted sitting outside my front door on the wood pile(hahah, I said wood), because it had a couple of bugs flying around it. I should just be happy that I haven't killed it.

Gail said...

:o) Dawn,ya gotta talk to them.I get teased all the time for it.Get a rep for being crazy,and the plants will obey your every request :O) Hope your foot is doing better,take it easy!!!! [LOTS of exclamation points there,better listen to me :o)]