~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, October 5

A Pirates work is never done.

I got a router !! All I had to do was change part of my profile here to "On strike for a new router" and show it to Steve. BAM! Well,that and Talladega [Nascar race] was on this afternoon,so I was upstairs with my laptop,and he didn't want the race interrupted by my yelling that I was offline again :O)

I have mentioned that I belong to 3 aol message boards. I've posted with some on these people for 10 years,and they are an extension of my irl friends.Well,in my kf [Kitchen Frugality] group,there has been an lot of talk about Honey Crisp apples. Supposedly the best apples you'll ever eat,and only available for a short time each year.Now,I never met a vegetable I didn't like,but,I do no like most fruits. I know,heresy. But they all taste vinegary to me.I read an article about that some people are called supertasters,and have the same problem I do, fruit always tastes slightly fermented to me,and if I want something fermented,I'll drink it. But I tried these apples anyway.Just WOW.Now,don't faint....but 5 of these apples cost 8$.....that wasn't a typo,8$. But if it means I can really enjoy an apple,I guess I'll be buying them. There's your food review for the month :o)

I love to wear a costume for Halloween.One year,when I worked at walmart,I bought a jailhouse prisoner costume,FROM walmart,wrote the store number on the back,and wore that....the manager didn't like it,but he's an ass anyway,so I didn't care. Last week,I asked at work,does anyone dress up for Halloween? I got a few smiles and a few "looks". [remember we make car parts]so I said,I was thinking of coming as a Coil....and one of my supervisors suggested I needed to wear a pirate patch with it, so I guess I have a rep as the pirate person now....considering some of the reps you can get,that's a pretty funny one. All I have to do is let out a "Yaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh" when I enter,and they know who it is. If I yell "Avast" that usually means something got screwed up. [not that *I* would ever screw anything up ;o)] So I'll keep looking for some way to come up with a coil costume,via a pirate :o)


~Some people lie about their age.Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.~

October 6th: Mad Hatter Day [I can think of so many ways to celebrate that,I'm on overload !]

No comments: