~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, August 7

A Call

I got a call to interview on Tues.I forget what I said I'd do ,but if it puts money in the bank,I'll do it.Except for cashiering.I got suckered into doing that,and I hope to God never to do it again.I loved all the people I worked with,and even most of the management,but the store manager was such an asshat you'd wonder why his knuckles weren't bloody from being dragged on the ground all the time.Oh,and I wanted to comment on this,..it appeared as one of the stories on the margin of my blog today:

"Putting the pedal to the metal will soon be a little more difficult in Nissans. The company has announced the development of an "Eco Pedal" system that makes the gas pedal press upward when it senses that the driver is accelerating too quickly, a feature that may help motorists improve fuel efficiency by 5 to 10 percent. The system will help Nissan owners reduce their gas consumption by calculating the most fuel efficient rate of acceleration and alerting heavy-footed drivers to ease off the gas pedal when their driving exceeds this rate. Modifying driver behavior is part of Nissan’s strategy for reducing global carbon dioxide emissions"

Holy SHIT !!! I already told Steve,if this moves to production on my type of vehicle,he'd better find a way to disable it,or I'll snap the friggin gas pedal right off when I stomp on it :o)Can you imagine,trying to make a fast acceleration,to get out of someones' way,and the CAR says nichter to that? Sounds dangerous to me,to allow a computer to override my common sense [and my lead foot ;o)]And honestly,I'm not talking about speed for speeds' sake,but about power,and the judicious use of it.I guess there's no escaping being a gearheads' wife,I really do appreciate a well tuned powerful vehicle.Just don't tell Steve that,he'll try to get me into his car again,and I'll wind up with a ticket from Honda Cop ;o)

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Oh, my honey, who comes from the latin (leadius footus), I would not even dream of buying you a vehicle with this knuckleheaded idea. You can take my hot rod out anytime you want, but remember, I'm watchin you Lucy!! (and measuring tire depths) LYM

Gail said...

I knew the SECOND I told you I'd mentioned your Vic,you'd be all over that entry :o)And don't worry Honey,I won't beat on your car any more than *you* do ;o)smooches :o)