~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, August 19

Noise

The definition of the word "Noise" is something I'm thinking about.[Yes,I am facinating.Drink your coffee or scotch and hush.]"Noise" means different things to different people.I told you,we live RIGHT near the NYS thruway.To my mind,noise galore,from jake brakes on trucks to emergency vehicles and road maintenance vehicles,damn speeding motorcyclists,and the accidents.Dear sweet Jesus,have we had our share of accidents on this stretch of road.These types of noises make my skin crawl,and hurt my ears.Any noise that I can quickly identify as non-threatening,....a stove timer,heavy metal music,the answering machine beeping randomly because it really hates me,any kid noise of the non"Help I am dying" kind,I can tune right out,the day-to-day noise in a house flies beneath my radar.[unless it's the smoke detector,then dinner is ready]Last night we were in the livingroom,and I decide I need the a.c on. [window unit]It made a little bitty rattling noise,and you'd have thought a mob was breaking in to pillage and loot the way Steve jumped up and slapped that puppy.[and if you're breaking in here to pillage and loot,good luck with that,and be careful of the treadmill,it bites]He can totally ignore the noises that make me want to break something,but the littlest household noise,-the stove timer going off 10 times in a row cause I didn't feel like turning it off,or the a.c,or the washer cycle-end klaxon,just little things grate on him like sandpaper.I haven't decided if this is a man/woman thing or not.And on a tangent....my newest threat,when a certain someone tries to play dumb or actually succeeds in being dumb,I tell him "I'm gonna blog about that!" And he believes,this man knows I will [you know I will too]If he wants to blog about my stupid women stuff,he'll have to get his own blog.This one is taken ;o)

When my darling daughter moved,she took my tool kit.Not to be confused with "tools",the men look at my toolbox and laugh in a superior type of way....but I notice when they need a tool for something in the house,they're all over my tools,being too lazy to go down to the basement and get the he-man tools.I ordered myself a new toolbox and a power screwdriver [more powerful than a powered screwdriver,with a drill chuck on it,but at 6 volts,it's a tool Steve can laugh at while he runs for his 18 volt,or however many volt he has now]and they arrived this morning.The power tool is being charged even as we speak. Tony needed a new desk,and we bought him one,...that we [read: Steve,with ample cursing] will have to put together.I will bet you all the money in my wallet and a roast chicken dinner that he goes straight for my girlie tools tonight :o) And you Know he will :o) And I will be his biggest supporter,bringing drinks and rah-rahing,and then slinking off to play games online :o)

5 comments:

Shirla said...

Funny you mentioned a timer going off. Whenever my timer in the kitchen goes off either Matt, Eric or Keith will yell, "the timer is going off" Well DUH! I can hear it going off and it will keep beeping for a few more seconds until I can get in there to turn it off. It's not like the thing is going to blow up if I don't go the second it goes off and turn it off! lol

Anonymous said...

My little guys can ignore an alarm clock best, they do take after DH he can't deny it LOL

Gail said...

LOL.Shirla!! Like WE didn't hear it :o) We sure did,we just didn't care! :O) And Lee,HELLO !! Nice to see you ! And I think the ignore-the-alarm gene is inherited :O)

Anonymous said...

The phrase GIRLIE TOOLS gave me pause, dearest. Had I not read the entire entry... bah! I've got girlie tools, but I don't think they're the kind YOU'RE talking about...

Gail said...

Hello T honey,and thank You for your elucidating comment....I think :o) {{{{{{{{{{{{T}}}}}}}}}}}I havta say,I saw the username and thought WhotheH??? I shoulda known :o)