~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, August 23

Feedback

This is actual feedback I received on eBay recently:

"This transaction was like two scoops of delicious ice cream. Yum. Ice cream!"

For the LIFE of me I'd like to know what the seller was on when this feedback was written,I'd like to try it :o)And it was only luck that I saw it at all,I generally don't bother looking at it.Which makes me think,maybe I *ought* to be reading my feedback,I could be missing some good stuff.

I had planned to post a pic of my amaryllis,it came out of hibernation on thurs and is already a few inches tall.I'm getting pretty good at point and click with the digital,you can at least tell what I'm trying to show you,but someone [all 3 kids and Brenden]stole my [ok,Steves,but I'll use it wheneverthehell I want! ]camera,so that will wait until tomorrow.They're going to another show tonight.Good times for us ;o) ;o)

I'm still not really comfortable taking pictures.It's an art,but not one that should or really can be "critiqued" unless the photographer was practicing technique or aiming for a certain shot and then asks the viewer "Did I git 'er"?With music,well,you can be sharp,flat,use the wrong fingers,the wrong breathing technique for that register or instrument,the wrong strum,bow the wrong way,these are all things someone who is knowledgeable can plainly see or hear.When looking at a pic,YOU are deciding what you see,and in all honesty,I usually see something different than what was intended,it's more of a textural thing than a composition thing...does that make sense? That's why I put Johns blog in my favorites list here,B&W prints strip away the extraneous,B&W takes away what covers up what I see.I'll go to Johns blog and ask if I can post one of his pics here,so you can see what I mean,I don't *think* I'm crazy :o)So,you have to know I got brave to actually post pics I took :o)I'll practice on the amaryllis.When the camera comes back :o)

[psssssssssssssst...30 days til fall.I was sitting on the porch at 3am,and you could plainly smell it.Then I thought I saw a bat and ran inside.]

No comments: