~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, August 2

My Diningroom Table

{This post edited,TY so much Shirla honey !!! :O)]


You know we plan to move next year.Last night,I had myself a lil walk down memory lane.Steve got a picture of Stevie working on his instrument cluster for his car ON MY DININGROOM TABLE.
This type of activity used to piss me off royally when we were first married,but over the years,well,I love him more than the table,so it didn't quite matter as much.Unless he destroyed the tablecloth,then we had some up close and personal talks :o) :o) So,this was yesterdays' pic.And it looks like I can't get the pics inserted into the text,this is driving me crazy.Shirla,HELP!!!

This table came to us by way of Steves parents.They got divorced the year we were married,and they gave us this table.It's one of the few original pieces we have from our beginning,and it means a lot to me.Also,while all my family members were doing their thang,Steve and I stayed here...so our home is the gathering place for all things family,and we deeply appreciate that.In the wee hours,I got to thinkin' about all the action that table has seen over the years.We've hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas for the whole family and friends since 1986,which is anywhere from 15 to 30 people.The good [and the not so good]family meetings,easter egg coloring,pumpkin carving,birthday cakes,graduation cakes,family reunions.When my Ma died,we gathered there.When my Dad died,we gathered there.When my brother and my sister died,we all hooked up at "the table".Even the internet has been on that table,when my Dad and my Sis passed,my internet friends from all over the country were on my diningroom table [the basket below was from my sisters @ kf]

When we first got the table,I thought,it really wasn't to my taste,but I got the spirit with which it was given.Now,I can't imagine any other table taking it's place.My mil was here last weekend and had to laugh,that poor table has seen a LOT of action over the years.I told her,when we get our new home,my first major project will be to refinish it,and the chairs [we have one mismatch,the table came with 4 chairs and we are a family of 5,but over the years the mismatch kinda became family too] She couldn't believe I wouldn't want something new in the new place.I can't imagine getting rid of part of the family.This pic shows one of the chairs,and a corner of the table.We took that cause one of my nieces wanted a pic,she loved the coffee sign,plus,we are the only people she knows that use a chinese take out menu as living art.]



8 comments:

Shirla said...

LOVE the pics Gail!!
When I am posting an entry and I want to put pics in with the text I just click the little pic icon and pic the pic I want, I cant get a pic that is stored on a site like Photobucket to load, but I can get it to load from picking a pic that is on my computer. I don't know if that makes sense. Email me if it doesn't and I will walk you through it.

Gail said...

TY TY TY :::::smooches::::

Shirla said...

Your welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Lisa said...

The pic's are adorable even your menu art. We have Mark's family table and Many other items from his parents things that I hope one day one of the children would want, to include a grandfather clock.

Gail said...

Lisa,here a tip,..anything you really want them to have,try to give it to them when they're trying to furnish their first apartment :o)I'm sitting here looking at a crapload of stuff Stevie just bought for his apartment,from a garbage can to a dish set,and I'm trying not to cry.I actually got a Thank You over the rent issue o)

Mrs Swan said...

I'm not reading I'm not reading ((hands over eyes))

I want ot read this later when it is not 50 min till I close and I have to put together the highchair still and count down my $ LOL

I just wanted to say ask your delivery persony if they have to turn in the papers after the route. Here the only people that have to turn them in are rack drivers (you know bizs racks) Apparently the home delivery people don't have to.

Gail said...

Crystal,TY V M !! I'll leave Rodney a note tonight,he's either here waaay early or too late to talk to in person.

Mrs Swan said...

Oh what a great great post! I love that you love your table and that is has been with you for years. I have a dresser that I got from MIL that we will hold on to. It's nothing fancy but she told me she fought another family member over it LOL

Right now it is in Ben's room covered with crap. I should ask MIL the story and blog it so I never forget it and can pass it on to the kiddos. Thanks for the idea!