~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, August 22

Barbies and Stilettos

I couldn't wait to come tell you about this..I heard a story today about a guy who took his lil granddaughter fishin'.He had bought her a Barbie fishing rod.The granddaughter tells her Grandpaw,"I gotta PEE" -and you Dads and grand-dads know when a kid says that you'd best believe em.The granddaughter takes off...and the Barbie rod gets a nibble.Grandpaw picks it up,and catches a record breaking catfish with it :o) I wasn't sure I heard that right,so when I go home I Googled that,and sure enough,it's true.I am lucky enough in my life to know some really cool guys,and I can't think of ONE of them who would be caught DEAD fishin' with a Barbie rod! Can you picture the scene?That just struck me as so funny [in a good-for-you-Grandpaw kinda way].Here,go see for yourself :o)

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/49535.html

I can see we'll have a lil company too....looking over the new comment for the "noise"post,we have a newbie.She may be young,but what a mouth! :O) :O) My niece T,she of the "Moona Lisa" fame...the portrait that hangs in my living room [there's a pic of it in my aol/aim profile,look for fishiewoo] Always nice to hear from family,Dear,and your comments,as always,are welcome :o) I love you Honey :o) My kids will roll their eyes and back away like I'm a rabid [fill in a cute animal here],Steve doesn't comment unless his Vic is invoked,but not T,she'll wade right in with both feet :O) :o) And SHE would fish with a Barbie rod,in black stiletto heels :o)

Oh,for petes' sake! I just signed up @ LiveJournal so I could leave a comment for T.Do you KNOW how long it took me to find a username no one was using? I'll admit,I kinda like the new username process.No matter where I am,I am fishiewoo,and have been for a long time,now I get to be Faboo_One ..... I *like* that..sounds like a transgender flamenco dancer :O)

Steve had a bad day at work,so I neglected to tell him I spiked his iced tea with ketel one,[yes,he did figure it out after the first sip...I got a not-very-convincing "Oh,NO,you shouldn't have!!"]and I sent him off for a nap.All I have to do now is wake him up,offer him another spiked drink,and we can move right on to appetizers,- that will get me out of cooking dinner! Old age and treatchery,I'm tellin' you......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you know it Auntie Dearest!