~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, August 26

It's 6 inches,I SWEAR !!!

I mentioned that Steve bought me a camera,a newbie-point-and-shoot-cause-you-can't-do-anything-else camera.I was reading the owners manual [I know,a foreign concept to men] and was amazed by the options on it.Soft focus,different lighting styles,shoot subject with soft backround,shoot landscapes with distant focus,shoot whitish scene brightly,I mean,this thing probably will take out the garbage too [I know,another foreign concept...follow along anyway]So,I thought to take a picture of a plant,and a car,and then play around with the settings,and see what they actually could do.My first subject was this poor philodendron:


Poor,poor thing.So,I used a soft focus on it,and a few of those options presented to me,and Sha-zam,look what happened!!!!!!!




Then I thought,if the camera could be so nice to a plant,what about the car?I looked hard,and got a pic of a old wreck:
Changed the focus,turned off the flash,hit shoot with distant focus,selected a few more options,and OMG,I just could not believe what it looked like!!


[This is a Caddy CTS Predator,and I want it :o)I prefer suv's but if Steve ever brought this baby home for me,I'd drive the hell out of it :o)]
Is this not aMAZing?Maybe you 'd better go look at your camera,and see if *you* don't have any "magic" settings :o) And now,for one final pic.There's no magic about this...this is a Day 5 Amaryllis..you saw it on day 3 last.These things grow like hell,so to keep it honest,I'll take pictures of it with a tape measure,you woudn't belive me if I just told you how fast they grow[unless you grow them yourself.They are addicting,and this is a plant I plan to have more of when we move,you could technically have one in flower year round].I already messed with the growth pattern of this amaryllis,I prefer for it to bloom now,instead of in the winter,when all the plants are inside and window space is at a premium.It was appx 2 1/2 inches on sunday.Here it is today:




3 comments:

toypartman said...

Sweetie, could you please point your camera at my Crown Vic and turn it into a Marauder. C'mon, that should be a lot easier than the other upgrade. I should have bought you that camera a long time ago. Gee, just think what it can do to other things if it can make a damn plant grow 6" in a few days. LYM

Gail said...

Ah,Geez :o)I didn't see *that* one coming :o)You get me a Predator,and I don't care what the heck you drive :o){{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{S}}}}}}}}}}LYM

Shirla said...

LOL! I sure could use a camera like that. Enjoy your new camera Gail.