~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, August 14

Julia!

Who'da thunk it Julia Child was a spy for the U.S during WWII !! I always loved that old broad,and now I know why :O)
Part 2 of the Rozerem story...my Dr convinced me to keep trying the rozerem,give it a week.The bad dreams are becoming fewer and farther between,so I said OK.Submitted the RX to the pharmacy yesterday,and got a call from the Dr's office...Aetna refuses to pay for it until I try ambien [one of those pesky controlled substances that a]don't work for me and b]have you hit positive for opiates on drug screenings at work.]If you're like me,you'd just LOVE to take a drug test,fail,and have to explain your private medical history to a stranger [that's why I post about it here ;o) I dig the dichotomy :O)] so I called Aetna and reamed their asses,I DO NOT get where they get the balls to tell my Dr what to do.The guy gave me an 800 number only my Dr can call,to get preauthorization to get the rozerem.Great,right? I call BULLSHIT on it.I went and picked it up last night.This is NOT a new drug on the market,and any time you can use an rx like this vs. a controlled substance,well,that makes you and the Dr happy,right?Well,Aetna the bastards got the last laugh...the rx cost 50$/month.I'm not paying that,so after this rx runs out I'm back to square one.I know NY has a bureau that oversees insurance companies,and this weekend I am making it my misson to find it,and send them a love note concerning this situation.Probably nothing will come of it,but maybe it'll help somebody else down the road.
Yesterday,I did what I do when I'm depressed...practiced and baked all day.I've got 8 loaves of pumpkin bread to show for it.I'll go see Beverly today,drop some bread off,see if there's anything I can do.
I got the job I'd interviewed for,contingent on passing the drug test [teehee] but now Steve doesn't want me to take it.During the interview,the interviewer mentioned 3 times the front end [not the position I got or that I want]and that means cashiering,which first off I'm overqualified for,but second,I will never do again unless it's an emergency [I never say never,it tends to come back and bite you in the ass]My concern is that,they will gradually put me where they want me,and after you sign on the dotted line,the only way out is quitting.Now,trust me on this,I don't mind at ALL being a SAHM/SAHW !!!!! It's just that,I get bored sometimes,I need something for my brain to chew on.And I prefer to have money coming in.It's true that,I can save us a LOT of money by being at home.Just not sure that's what I want.I take the drug test tomorrow or monday.So,I'm being an ass,and I'd better decide today what to do,before I waste their money and our time.[Oh,and Steve says I'd rock as a lunch lady.He's still pulling pillow stuffing out of his ears :o)] [And,lunch lady would be great,the hours would be great,lots of time off,and I already looked,not available in my district right now o)] [But don't tell Steve that,he'll get all superior-feeling.And we can't have that :o)]

No comments: