~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, August 5

Apples and Insomnia

Steve decided that we needed a shed.He wanted the mowers and the snowblower in an easy to reach location.We didn't discuss WHERE the shed would go until he brought it home,and started to build it.He chose to put it under the apple tree in the front yard.I told him,I thought that would hurt the roots of the tree,but he said Hon,this is the best location for me.Since he's responsible for all that stuff,I said ok.So,this was mid fall.Winter,spring,now summer is here.And that damn apple tree is doing what all apple trees are supposed to do...drop their fruit.Have you ever heard an apple drop off a tree and fall 10,15,20 ft.straight down onto a metal shed?It's like freakin armageddon out there.And Steve,after the realization of what he's done,is trying with a very straight face to tell me it's MY DAMN SQUIRRELS.Up in the tree.Bombardiering his poor shed,throwing apples at it.Poor Steve.This will cost him ;o)THIS is what you think about at 3am when the apples begin to fall:

Apples rain from limbs
gnarled by the seasons, dripping
fruit into my dreams.

I know,I know,it's the insomnia talkin'. It's pretty bad right now.Last night was the first night I said screw it,I can't lay here another minute,so I came downstairs.While serenaded by my bombardiering squirrels :o) I tried surfing just like the men do.Hated it.But,I found a hysterical show"Country Fried home videos" OMG,Americas funniest home videos with a drawl,I was worried I'd wake someone up laughing.One guy was trying to walk on his HANDS on a treadmill.Here I am fighting to get my FEET on the sucker,and he's trying to walk upside down,and keeps trying,no matter HOW many times he fractures his skull falling on the thing :o) It reminded me of the single-mindedness someone I know displayed when building a certain shed.But I won't name names,'cause *I* ain't one to gossip.[But you know who you are,and it WILL cost you.]

No comments: