~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, November 14

When life hands you Apples,make Pie

Son of a bitch. Once again, one of Steves guys' "Had An Emergency"....either he couldn't sleep last night or has a headache, and he called out. Steve has to work 7-6 today to cover for the guy who didn't come in. We had a family dinner planned for 5pm tonight,-the kids who don't live here are coming home,Boo will be spending the night. I swear to God, *I* have more balls than these guys do sometimes,and probably more callouses on my hands, too. And these are nice enough guys, I look for them to sit next to at the Christmas parties, they're kind and funny,but come ON already, other people have lives too. I guess this is Gods' way of telling me to use the extra time and some extra apples to make an apple pie. [a seasonal twist on "If life hands you lemons,make lemonade]God is Good, and very thrifty :o)


Stevie is already here,and we're waiting on Steve and Boo.This morphed into a family dinner earlier in the week...Stevie went up to Boo's to play pool and told Boo I was making chicken parm. Boo called to find out why she wasn't told :o) Tony overheard me telling Steve that Boo was coming,and he got pissed cause HE wasn't told [he LIVES here,that's why,I know his ass will be at the dinner table]
Remember those helpful tips I offered you a few days ago? Well,here's another one....don't stick your fingers,still covered in teeny tiny lil cuts,into half a lemon,and use them as a strainer,for the lemon juice you need for the apple pie! That noise you just heard was me :o)

Hehehe, Steve will get a kick out of this...I told you he drives a Vic....a Crown Victoria. They are modified in the factory, and are driven as police interceptors. [you wouldn't beLIEVE the mods Steve has on his.and it's not a police car :o) I swear,I expect it to talk to me when I walk by it] I was looking up something,and stumbled on this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baconmobile
hehehe !! Oh,Crap, don't click if little ones are around,there's an adult [thumbnail] pic underneath the Vic.

And this is what I was looking up in the first place, note the pirate reference? :O)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Any%20Port%20in%20the%20Storm hehehe :o)

I KNOW there was something I meant to say today,and for the Life of me I can't remember it. I really don't like that feeling, something niggling at the back of my head.

November 14th:
National Adoption Day
Loosen up,Lighten up Day

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing when others see the Vic coming up behind them how many break lights suddenly flash on and cars slow down LOL.
I learned long ago where to check for those two words on the driver's side rear LOL
DH drives an dark colored, older Vic and it still happens to him. Of course around here every police force drives Vic's or at least Ford products.
The Sheriff of the next county to our west, urban/suburban county, drives a Taurus, better gas mileage...his deputies drive Vic's.

Our Sheriff's dept, rural county with lots of old mine property, mainly drive Explorers, Expeditions and Crew Cab 250/350's, there are few Vic's.
The boys still get a kick out of seeing Sheriff trucks instead of Vics nothing like "Sheriff brown" on a big truck LOL

Gail said...

Oh,YES Lee :o) They will move right over to the slow lane to let you pass,the parting of the waters,always good for a few yuks :o) The thing that gives Steves car away as a modified street car and not a cruiser is the window tint,he is illegal. Well,the tint plus he *is* a gearhead,our vehicles are always immaculate and well taken care of, and a cruiser has the whip antenna and always seems to be missing a hubcap or two. He said when he gets hassled enough about the tint,he'll remove it.I'm not sure he wants to wait,he knows exactly what type of hassle he's in for if *I'm* the one driving next time the Vic gets pulled over :o) I think he's looking forward to it ;o)