~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Monday, November 10

It's a Curse



You know,I would never let the opportunity pass by to prevent you from making some of the mistakes I have made. I have made enough whoopsies today to warrant a blog entry, offering you the lessons I have learned from my mistakes.
-For you houseplant enthusiasts:
Please do not make the mistake of underestimating the amount of potting soil you will need to complete a transplant job. You will be forced to mix a second batch, but because you are in a hurry, you will not be paying attention to your endeavor. This will result in too much peat moss being added to your houseplant mix,which you will NOT realize until the first time you go to water those plants,which would be this afternoon.Yes, this IS a problem. Especially when you are potting on 3 plants, and only the 3rd gets the "newer", more peaty mix. Which dries out much more quickly than the other 2 plants. You also know what happens when peat moss goes dry. You pour water on it and it runs off, all over the floor, the bookcase, your pretty pink slippers,- leaving you not only the plant to still water,but a rather large mess to clean up.
-For you home cooks:
Please do not cut a lemon in half to make a marinade for cauliflower,then stick your fingers,which are covered in papercuts from work, into the lemon to get all the pulp out.Your neighbors are not interested in your howling,and it only attracts the coyotes you have recently discovered are in your area.
Please remember the above rule also pertains to sticking your fingers, covered in paper cuts, into the salt cellar.NOT a good idea.Oh,No.
Please ,PLEASE remember you are a leftie [or rightie]and do NOT,for any reason,try to fill your stove-side olive oil decanter with your wrong hand. And continue to do so even as you make a huge mess. Cut your losses and switch hands. I do not want to hear, oh, it's almost full and the faster you get done the quicker you can go practice. Ruby [or what ever you named your cello or whatever other instrument you want to go play] is not interested in an olive oil rub.

Guess what? The water cooler does NOT have automatic shut off, and if you are making a mug of tea, it would be wise to actually watch the water level in the mug instead of looking at the birdies out the window. At the very least, you will not get burned, in the same area where later on you will experiment with salt and lemon juice.
And your last kitchen tip.....when you are stabbing potatoes to prep them for baking, do NOT turn your head because Tony saw something on TV and yelled about it, or you will be admitting, later at the dinner table, that you stabbed yourself in the hand. With a fork.


I can go for the LONGEST time with no mishaps, but when they start happening [it all started with the tea this morning] they just keep recurring for the rest of the day. It's like a curse or something. I think I ought to just go to bed....I wonder if I can get someone to bring me strawberry ice cream. I can't get it myself, I might get hurt using the scoop, no............I'd fall into the chest freezer. YEAH, that's what I'll tell him!! :O) :O)

November 11th : Veterans Day




post signature

1 comment: