~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, November 28

Bare-Naked Bird

We had a fabulous T day, from the brining of the birds [there was one pic taken, at brining time, that I didn't think I would blog.....it started out with Steves' bird being into bondage,and wound up with the neck being placed in a particular position so as to provide the bird with an amazing appendage.] It's amazing how quickly household chores go downhill when the kids become adults @@ Need I say more? I'm gonna blog it anyway, cover the kids eyes, ...this was ALL the Steves. I had Nothing to do with it at All, I am innocent:




All the kids spent Wed. night here, for our "traditional" chinese take out :o) The kids convinced Steve that it was his idea a long time ago,and it stuck. Hey, it gets me out of cooking, so I'll go along with it.


For us,Thanksgiving an Christmas are not only holidays, but family reunions, and they last all day. Our first family members arrived at 8:30am,and they have the little kids that make the holidays more special. I was Stunned to see my 12 year old niece is taller than I am :o) Lots of family, lots of good food,and lots of catching up. I didn't lose or forget anything,or set anything on fire,and even the onions made it to the table [when Boo reminded me,right AT service time,but better late than never. 3 lbs of onions,all gone.] Hell, I even found the nutcrackers and picks, you'd better buy a lottery ticket !


Here is one of the pics I promised,....the bird I sacrificed to the skin stealers, those family members who are in the kitchen right before service, ostensibly to help,..and they do...but they are REALLY there to steal the skin off of the closest bird:

And the cranberry stuff that no one eats...when I mentioned this yesterday,both T and one of my sisters swore up and down that they ate it, but I didn't see anything on the plates move after service,so I have my doubts.I just consider it table art:


And another pic. Stevie alwas has to do something inappropriate and crude with clementines. An annual thing, subject to availability ;o) Not only did he do this,but I didn't KNOW he did it until I uploaded the images from his pic to my puter,so I don't know if he let the little ones see this. If he did, he'd better start running.I am CRAZY fast for an old broad:


It was a great day, I kinda got tears in my eyes when everyone left. T [the niece who comments here from time to time] was the last to go,and at the door, told me how nice it was to meet me IRL @@ :O) :o) I hesitate to blog any more pics,because they contain family members who may not want to be blogged on, and I forgot to ask everyone here if they'd mind.I'll try not to forget at Christmas,but don't take any bets on it, I'll be busy remembering not to forget something,....Oh ! And an update. I had 3 takers for my "I'll support you" on the National Smoke Out Day. Very cool,and I was MORE than helpful, EVERYone knows chocolate will help prevent you from getting stabby. Was there anything else I was supposed to update on? This past week seems like a blur, I know I'm forgetting something. But I'm sure your familiar with the feeling :o)


November 28th
In a delicious twist of irony, today is both
Black Friday
and
Buy Nothing Day


post signature

4 comments:

toypartman said...

I agree hon, one of the best holidays ever!! I hope everyone likes my my well hung turkey,I tend to be a sick individual at times and as you can see by the clemetine pic, my kids take after me. The dinner was beyond fantastic, it was as the kids say, "for the win". 1 down, 1 to go. I am so looking forward to different surroundings at next years holidays. LYM

Gail said...

Me too,and a big kitchen! Yes,hon,you can be sick sometimes,but that's one of the things I love about you. LYM,Honey :o)

CaptainChaos! said...

Great Turkey Day!!

(The eldest son has finally signed on)

And no, Mom, the kids didn't see the masturbating clementine. Sorry about your table, probably will fail every blacklight test from here on out.

Gail said...

Stevie! Behave yourself !Man,your first time out,and I have to bleep you! [I haven't thrown that many exclamation points in weeks,you have talent.Now restrain yourself ;o)] But it was pretty funny,I had no idea when I was grabbing your pics that *that* one would be there :O)