~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, November 9

SHAKE your bootie

I found out that you can bring in music CD's to play at work. One guy brought in a classical cd, and another employee said he did it to annoy people. I LOVED it. I think it was a "top 100" type of compilation,at any rate, I knew all the pieces and just made a lil commentary on them,we were all LOAO. So I spent a lil time with the music library on my puter,and selected tunes to burn to a cd for work. Only problem was, [and I REALLY thought I was being selective] I wound up with a 3hr/30min cd to burn,and an 80 minute cd to burn it to. On to plan B. I had to think of a theme to help me cull the list, so I decided it would be a "Monday" theme,with all upbeat songs, cause who wants to go to work on a Monday? So I have everything from Black Eyed Peas to the William Tell Overture on there,there has GOT to be something for everyone, I'd better see some booties being shaken tomorrow!

Our friends at Dean & Deluca have been at it again! Another "helpful" holiday meal suggestion,the ultimate in comfort food...a chicken pot pie. Something I can throw together at home very easily,and fast. I usually always have leftover chicken,and how much does it cost to make some pie crust? Pennies. Here's the D&D version:

http://www.deandeluca.com/new-and-seasonal/comfort/chicken-pot-pie.aspx

Did you SEE the price??? 24$ for 2 of them, and one that will feed four for 30$$ Hellooooooooooooo,earth to D&D !!! I just don't believe the prices are real, keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, for someone to say "April Fools" or something.

Here's another website a lot of you shouldn't be without...the Amazon Order filler. You know,if you order 25$ or more of eligible items, shipping is free......but what if your order came to 23.03, and shipping would be 8$? This site will help you find items at Amazon that are 1.97 or more,so that you can actually spend less [get free shipping] by ordering an additional item.Be sure to UNcheck the boxes of anything you are not interested in.
http://filleritem.com/index.html

Personally,I gave up,and opted for Amazon Prime. When you sign up for that you can have 3 additional people use it. I have it for myself, [and if Steve needs to order I do it for him] and I allow each of the kids to use it, so we don't pay shipping.It has already paid for itself :X

And this, from my friend Kathleen. I was looking for a shipping confirm today,and found this in my filing cabinet. :o)


Pilot and Aircraft Mechanic

After every flight, UPS pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by UPS ' pilots (markedwith a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers. By the way, UPS is the only major airline that has never,ever, had an accident.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.

S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.

S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.

S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.

S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent

S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.

S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.

S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.

S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.

S: Suspect you're right

P: Number 3 engine missing.

S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to: straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.

S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.

S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midgetpounding on something with a hammer.

S: Took hammer away from midget.

post signature

2 comments:

TronWife said...

Growing up around aviation, you'd be surprised of things they come up with...lol.

And when I saw your last comment on my blog, I was like WTF is she smoking over there?? Nipple lube??? WHERE did THAT come from??? THEN I saw Crystal's comment-had TOTALLY missed it till then...rofl. No, I have no nipple lube(at least not for running hahaha)...the sports bra keeps everything smooshed down and in place where they belong.

Gail said...

OMG,Dawn,I'm drinking coffee and it just went all over the place :O)LOL :O) Inquiring minds,and all that :o)