~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, November 4

Amazingly Enough......

Congrats to all of us, for getting thru all the politics of the past few weeks, I am SO relieved!! I decided to say this today,before we know who wins the race,because I'm not even saying who I voted for,nor do I want anyone to think that is a jab if their candidate loses......I'm just thrilled that politics will not be what I wake up to and go to sleep hearing anymore.
The job is still going well. My supervisor decided that I ought to be able to man the puter and print out the labels used on the job. We got a lot of yuks today, my first command went great,the second, I wound up not only printing my batch,but I sent a paper batch to the office too,no one knew why Gail was sending them labels, lol my dumb ass. I told them I was so thrilled with my job,I wanted everyone to know what I was working on.....and I told the supervisor she ought to thank me, now she'll have sufficient scratch paper for a looong time :o)

Steve had yesterday off [OMG,was that hard, leaving for work yesterday.That's one of the hardest parts of the new job, not having any vacation or personal built up,....so when Steve takes a day off, I still have to go in.] Our water cooler had died,so since Steve would be home, I asked him to replace it, BJ's has a few to choose from. I wasn't more specific than that. My bad. I had a white cooler with hot and cold water,and he had to talk me into the hot water option last time,- I felt it was overkill, that's what I use a tea kettle for. So what did he bring home? Stainless steel....and it has a small refrig at the bottom.Yes,another fridge,2 feet from the real one. A fridge that,when pushed,he admits he would not trust to " keep food or anything we'd actually EAT" in. A fridge I can't turn off. So now,when I leave,I unplug it, I am not paying to run a mini fridge that no one will use. I think a man thought that up ;o)

I am facinated by urban legends,both true and false.Some of them are so bad,for the life of me I don't understand how people can be so gullible,and others make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm".So,from Tony,6 urban legends that are true:


And,in case you don't already have it....


THIS is the site to go to,to verify if a legend is true or not,and you can submit a legend sent to you that you are not sure of. Also,if you scroll down,on the right hand side of this blog ,you'll see a link to it...just in case you're too lazy to put it in your faves ;o) Now, you be part of the solution,...if you get a "SEND THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK" type of e-mail,go check it out BEFORE you forward.Everyone will thank you.

Nov 6th- National "Men Make Dinner" Day

[You can be triple-dog sure that THIS is a holiday we will celebrate every year,I never knew about it! BLESS the interweb !]

4 comments:

TronWife said...

My man made dinner tonight:)

DW said...

No matter who one, the Nation is screwed. I'm thinking about heading to the Ozarks and declaring a "Country".

Gail said...

Dawn,*I* am waiting for the holiday !! ;o) I told Steve last night,ten I had to show him the website I get the holidays from [HE thought *I* might have made it up...innocent lil ol'ME !! :o)]So I imagine I'm having chinese tonight :o)

Gail said...

DW,you know,I have to get up crazy early.I came down this morning,and heard he'd won,and felt sick in my stomach.Then I realized,it didn't matter to me WHO won,I'd still feel that,well,fear.What we had was terrible,and the two alternatives were just as bad,so I don't see any winning going on :/