~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, November 18

Don't be an Ass, leave that to me

Well,I thought about blogging so much yesterday I never got around to it. That would be due to me being a chickenshit. Steve and I got some great news yesterday, and I was trying to decide whether to blog it or not. We met with a mortgage broker yesterday,...our aim was to find out what we still needed to do to qualify for a mortgage. We were told we are ready right now, and were preapproved for quite a bit more than we plan on spending !!! [Steve and I did our homework and are in absolute agreement as to what we want to spend and where we want to go] We need to save a bit more to be comfortable,so we plan on starting to look in January.We are over the MOON about it,the thruway has really ruined our quality of life,and our landlord is not trustworthy,...for all that we've been here over 18 years, the landlord could decide to ask us to leave with a moments notice. We want our own nest, and we are ready!! It's been so long......family members needed help,then the kids needed to go to college, then more family members needed help, the money just wasn't there. We never fell for that ARM shit,I can't believe people actually thought they could afford that stuff. It is OUR turn now :O) Hell,we are probably the oldest first timer home buyers you know! And that makes it all the sweeter. I will post pics right here when we find what we're looking for. I can't TELL you how happy we are :o) Heart racing, sweaty palms happy :O)

I've been reading about my high school class reunion,my class ['79] is getting together with the classes of 78 and 80 for one reunion,next August. [don't hurt yourself counting,it my 30th.] So Steve and I go to the same reunion. Convenient ![he's class of '78] I don't think we're going, they are holding the do at an expensive venue, that's not something I'd spend that much money on.That, and a lot of the people I would go to see are on the missing list.

I have another website for you,one you'll want to keep in your favorites. It's a web site that lists business names,numbers, and how to get though to a human, rather than use the automated system. The first time I used it I had googled it, then I needed it again,didn't save it and, CRS strikes, I had no idea what the website name was. Now, don't be an ass like me, just put this in your favorites, and try to remember that it's there. It will save you a lot grief :
http://gethuman.com/

Oh,yeah,one more pic. Nin,this is my couch desk :o)



November 19th: Have a Bad Day Day [ hehehe,I just liked that one ]



post signature

4 comments:

tech2tech2day said...

Gail, is that a skin, or did you order a specialty lid? Very appropo. I'm so happy for you and Steve, I know you were nervous about going to the broker. Good for you!
Peace,
Nina

Gail said...

That's a skin,Nin,I wouldn't pay those prices for a colored lid,let alone a custom job :o) And TYVM :O)

Becky said...

Congrats on your pre-approval! What a good time to be buying a house.

And I LOVE the title of your post. :0)

Gail said...

YAY,Hi,Rebecca!!! I lost the link to your blog,I'm so glad you commented,now I have it back. I'm gonna go catch up on Liesl,Ava & Tom :O)And, What's Wordless Wednesday, I like the sound of that!