~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, December 18

That's my Boo

Talk about sandbagging yourself,every time I see the ticker, to the right, announcing how many days there are until Christmas, I get a lil thrill of nerves. I think I'll rethink that thing.

In my E-mail today, from Giant Microbes, a website that sells dolls of popular diseases :X I told you a while back how I ordered black death and mad cow for Boo . I think it is hysterical that :

"Giantmicrobes, Inc. is pleased to announce our Winter 2008 Release! Four new designs are now available: West Nile, Anthrax, Cavity, and C. Diff." OMG,they are PLEASED to announce them? I had to lol at that, and I hadn't even had my coffee yet.

Do you want to hear nice? And good business practice? I live in southern NY, and we are due for 6 to 12 inches of snow,starting early fri. morning, and snowing all day,we are under winter storm warning. At work,we get paid on fridays.The head honcho came to us today,and said that he knew a lot of us probably couldn't make it in tomorrow,so the front office was ready to write paychecks,that we could cash at their [local]bank during our lunch breaks, TODAY. All we had to do is go tell the book keeper we needed a check. [I'm waiting until monday,I have no plans to spend all my moolah before then anyway.At the rate the moolah is going right now, I don't have to go anywhere, I'll just open my wallet and it'll fly away.] I was Flabbergasted. And awed, that takes balls, and I was really proud of where I work and the people I work with.

It's no secret to readers of this blog that I'm a real word hound, the odder and more archaic the better.Well,today,we have a REAL treat. My daughter Boo has decided to grace us with one of her finds, she tells me you MUST know this word. If there was ever any doubt that this person is my daughter, surely it would be GONE after you read this. The word happens to be the Dutch "Word of the Year", and it is "swaffelen". The Definition? Here's a quote from the source, and the source: [NOT g-rated]

"Today the Dutch word of the year was announced and the winner was 'swaffelen' which means to sweep the male organ from side to side while banging against an object such as a building. The word came to prominence when a young man posted a youtube video where he 'swaffled' the Taj Mahal. Since then most of the world's major landmarks have succumbed to the same fate"

and the source:

http://faoiseamh.blogspot.com/2008/12/dutch-word-of-year.html

Now,this begs a few question.First...Boo,WTH??? HOW in the hell did you find THAT one? What were your search parameters, What were you searching for, that you could trip over that gem? A male appendage banging a building? Second....do they ever freeze to the side of the building [landmark]? Like, if you lick a flagpole in the winter,your tongue will freeze to it? Do they have any records of any emergency room visits from guys with frozen tallywhackers? And what about sunburn? Or bird attack, [a pecker pecker!] depending on the size, of course. What about if sight-challenged politician with no sense of humor reaches out to shake a guys' hand just as the guy is swaffelen-ing the gummint building up thar in Albany? What type of violation would that be? Would the politician be blind with rage? I sure as hell wouldn't be a-swaffelen in NYC,near any dirty water hotdog cart.

It's really, REALLY good to know that, in times of finals, and LOTS o' studyin', you found the time to enrich your mind Boo. That your quest for knowledge never ends. O-M-G ! And Thank you Honey :O) [no picture,for obvious reasons]

[Happy 32nd year since our first date,Steve!!! That's one loooong date]

post signature

4 comments:

Al said...

I found it on reddit.com- I recommend it to everyone.

Erin said...

Sounds like you're going to get the system we're getting here in Metro Detroit. It's coming down about an inch an hour. Be safe if you have to go out in it.

toypartman said...

[Happy 32nd year since our first date,Steve!!! That's one loooong date]

Who would have thought us meeting at a choir christmas party led to all this? I think it was that first kiss. I was smitten... and the rest, as they say, is history. ILYMS

Gail said...

I love You,and I have my house-huntin boots by the door :o)Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez,baby !