~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, December 2

Morons

Talked to Steve about blogging, when he got done laughing at the link embedded in the title of Saturdays' blog entry. I never realize how much I blog, i.e, how long each entry is.For me, they just kinda jump out of their hidey holes at blog time. He says when I get started, he thinks I'm just *gone*. I don't want to tell him what I just did, or he'll *know* I'm gone, so I'll tell you. I was playing earlier, which means I was wearing a headset. I hope you remember the trauma one of my oldest plants and I suffered,when I kept a shuffle and the headset on and ran downstairs.

[http://gail-dish.blogspot.com/2008/10/green-tea-and-tater.html]

So I have determined that I will NEVER stand up until I've taken off the headset. Well,it's very windy here today, and something must have blown down outside,there was a loud crash [unlike last nights loud crash,which signaled a car fire on the thruway right in front of the house] I jumped up,and instead of taking the headset off, I took my glasses off, which immediately rendered me blind, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong! I musta stood there for at least thirty seconds before the lightbulb came on for me. OMG, you think they'd teach me SOMETHING in moron school! It's like that for me during the holiday season, [CRS ! CRS is here again] I seem to have 3 or 4 tracks running in my head all the time,- if I'm not really concentrating on the task at hand,my mind leaves the room :X Oh,DONE trying to make sense of it,except I stood there laughing my ass off at myself.


Here's another thing that made me lol today.You know I wouldn't be me without my cello or a book, right? And you know how I LOVES me my Amazon. I don't know if you love you your Amazon,but they will make recommendations of items for you to purchase based on past purchases.This does NOT work for me, as I buy a lot of gifts there, and do not share the interests of a lot of the recipients of said gifts. So I sign in today. All I can see are books recommended for me,YAY! I see wrestling [bought those for Tony a Looong time ago] a Chilton [a large auto manual for gearheads, Steve doesn't need any more of those], Teach yourself classical guitar bks 1,2 &3 in one volume [on it's way right now,just don't tell Steve,OK?] and this, this priceless gem:

http://www.amazon.com/Then-He-Kissed-Her/dp/006114360X/ref=pd_sim_k_1

I'll read [or try to read] just about any topic in any genre. I have NEVER turned up my nose at any genre of books, never....except for Romance novels, including Harlequins. I can't STAND how they portray both men and women. Perfect looking, vapid, stupid,moronic liars. Incredibly handsome,but couldn't tell the truth to save his life. Perfect body, she's a lawyer/doctor/indian chief, but can't tell the man exactly where to put it and what to use to put it there when he lies. They always deserve each other. It's the only genre of book I never had in my home when my kids were growing up. I'd like to think I exposed them to a lot of ideas over the years, including ideas I wasn't really comfortable with or didn't agree with, but DAMN those novels are bad! I can't believe Amazon thinks I'm interested. I already requested that Amazon find a way to allow me to turn off "Recommendations", but gee,I haven't heard anything from them :X

~"Have you ever noticed anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron." - George Carlin~

~Update: Still haven't found the lost picture. Damn.~

post signature

No comments: