~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, December 23

Loopies

I think too much. I know it, and I try not to. When I thought about all the holiday stuff I needed to do, I wanted to run from it. Play. Take a nap [and TRUST me on this, if you have insomnia, a nap is anathema to you.] I was gettin kinda blue, and it's not the type of blue you want to fess to the hubby or kids, you want the holidays to rock for them. So, you go thru the holiday motions anyway, and wait for that holiday spirit to kick in. It kicked in with a vengance,and from a great source......my loopies. For those who may not know, loops are groups of people who communicate almost exclusively in e-mail. I am lucky enough to be in 3 great loops, but one of these is a loop of my Heart.Women I've posted with for 10 years. We have told each other things we have not told the hubby or family.We support each other through life, and through death, and everything inbetween. We speak on the phone, and we were all invited to one loopies' daughters Bat Mitzvah :O) Well,this loop of my Heart busted a move about 2 weeks ago,discussing holiday menus,and the discussion yawed [ I LOVE that word] into holiday candy and dessert making. Their passion for this art, and their love of their families, inspired me and lifted me up when I needed lifting, and I busted a move of my own today. The cheesecakes and the multi-covered pretzels,the cassie fudge and the regular fudge, all ready to go, some of that is right here,all I have to do is artfully arrange them. You get to see the just made versions ;o)

Lovin' on your family,THAT is what makes a holiday, and I needed to focus on THAT. Not the cleaning, or shopping [although the shopping for them was fun]. When Steve walked in tonight,he had a big smile on his face,and he said it was because of the big smile on mine. And I was thinking about my loop of the heart, and how much I heart them :O)

I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog tomorrow, and I didn't want to let the opportunity pass to wish you all a wonderful [fill in the blank] Whether it's Christmas, or Hanukkah, or nothing but-you'll-enjoy-some-time-off. Blogging has brought me a great deal of pleasure. It brings me even greater pleasure to know that some people actually read what I blog, and have opinions about it [but I am STILL firm on Patterson being a humorless pissant, I caught some flac for that.] Some of you may never say a thing on the blog, but e-mail me if I piss you off. That's ok,and kinda funny, .....I read my e-mail before work, and sometimes 5am is really early to be reading stuff like that. Mary,if you ever want to comment,all you have to do is go to google:

http://www.google.com/

sign up for a free account,and use that username and password on the comments page for this blog. Others may never say a thing period, and the only way I know you're there is the counter on the blog. Thanks for being there :o)

All the Best to You and Yours,

From Me and Mine :o)

post signature

3 comments:

TronWife said...

I heart you. Always know the feelings are much reciprocated even if they're not always put on the screen. Merry Merry to you and your entire family. I was thinking today about how lucky I am. I have wonderful work friends(that blog is coming), wonderful friends I'll be celebrating with tomorrow, I'll be celebrating with the 2 nearest in my heart on Thur...and I celebrate with ya'll every day. SMOOCH.

Gail said...

{{{{{{{{Dawn}}}}}}}}}I already checked your blog :O)Have a GREAT Christmas,my loopie friend :O)I heart you and yours :O)

Becky said...

Merry, Merry Christmas, Gail! :-)

(((((hugs)))))

Rebecca