~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, December 27

Naked Lady!

What a great holiday! It would have been even better if we'd been able to resolve the kitchen sink issue before the guests arrived. We have a double sink, so while Steve was plunging sink one, I was trying to keep the second drain closed, and I had to tippy-toe to get enough purchase to do it. And in walks the first contingent, one of my sisters and her kids. "Oh the show started" hehehe, it was pretty funny.We *do* have it fixed now.

I have a dry erase board in my kitchen,....a rather big one,and anyone who cares to leave a comment can do so. The board gets erased before we are expecting company, because certain family members swear just as much as I do,and they would not know what "pc" was if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. [Yes,Stevie, I am referring to you. And Boo and Tony too. And Steve, I've seen the stuff you wrote there, so don't go feelin' all superior and innocent, you are busted] Well, I thought to get a pic of the talkin' board and blog it, but it appears that my extended family and friends are just as bad as my immediate family.You just never really know about a person til they write on your wall, do you? It makes me love them so much.

We went house hunting again today,and you will NEVER believe this...we ACTUALLY went into a house! The first one that I took off the table, ...Steve wanted to see. So I went. Evidently this family is into home improvement with a capitol "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-am-doing". They'd installed, in a room really too small to support this large thing, a huge slate fireplace. The slate goes from floor to ceiling. The sheer weight of the fireplace and slate makes the livingroom structurally unsound,cracks from the floor to the ceiling and beyond. NOW we know why the first sale fell thru. Steve and I are capable of a LOT of stuff, but when you need the army corp of engineers to sort something out, it's time to bow out. We have another house to view next weekend. I am just constantly amazed by the way people show their homes. If you have something SO SO stinky that you have to burn scented candles in every room before a showing,wouldn't it be better just to take care of the stinky thing? And WHY would you leave a picture of a naked woman,on your fridge? No head, a neck and torso shot,but badly cropped. [I think it was supposed to be an art shot, but there was a recipe for turkey chili to the right next of it, and a coupon for a dry cleaner under it, so it wasn't showing well :X] Did they not think kids might be present at the viewing? And a kid, at eye level with where the pic was on the fridge, they are at the age where you are still trying to convince them to keep their clothes ON.

I had something else to say,but as usual, crs reared it's ugly head. I'll give you this,....it is "engrish"..... english written by people whose first language isn't english.It sounds EXACTLY like something a politician would say, especially a humorless politician, and it made me laugh.




post signature

No comments: