~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, December 9

Go Tell Aunt Rhody

Here it is, this is what I saw this morning on the CBS morning show [g-rated]
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/09/earlyshow/main4657060.shtml

Bearbaiting: noun
[archaic] The former practice of setting dogs to fight a captive bear
[current] Setting Gail down at her favorite work station, with her favorite job. Then, setting a very religious person who HATES Christmas carols, [and the two people sitting behind Gail] down in front of Gail, and setting a man and a woman who HATE the religious person down behind Gail. Then, putting on a radio station that plays all Christmas carols this time of year. Another perfect storm,and I never saw it coming.

This was my work environment today. These people hate each other [but the ladies love me, and I'm growing on the guy] What a MESS. On the one hand, they are all being so intolerant, as a Mom I could just lecture them til the cows come home, then knock their heads together [religious lady is as bad as the other 2] As a co-worker, I was choking back laughter, I think I sprained a face muscle trying not to laugh at the things I heard. The religious lady resents references to Jesus, and the others kept singing Christmas Carols like "Jingle Bells" which have NO reference to Jesus or religion at all, [go ahead, sing it quick in your head, I'll wait] ...and she'd STILL get up on that high horse....and none of them realized how stupid that was, Jesus was no where to be found and none of them got it. Kids. So, you might wonder, what would the wise woman do under these circumstances? I don't know, but I'll tell you what *I* did. I decided that my air compressor was so loud it was giving me a migraine,it just would NOT shut off, hehehe. I got a company hat [baseball cap style] and wore it low so I wouldn't have to look at anyone, and wore my noise canceling headphones. Voila! Got a free hat out of the deal! Looked up every once in a while with a smile, and that was that.

The self taught classical guitar is going very well, I play the meanest "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" you ever Heard.

Oh, Snap.we are under winter storm watch for thursday, all day, significant icing possible.That bites. I think Steve will want to take my truck to work, I might just get an unplanned day off,.....hey now, that doesn't sound so bad.

And here,is something funny. I KNOW I could do this, I do it all the time ! I laughed my Ass off at this [g-rated], you may have seen it, but if you're a Mom or Dad it bears watching again. [todays shennanigans at work made me think of this] The Mom song, sung to the William Tell Overture :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM

December 9th:

Weary Willie Day

[here's a link, MORE g-rated stuff,can you believe it?? behave yourself:]

http://tinyurl.com/6blntt

UPDATES:

-I still haven't found that $%^^ picture on this puter.

-No news on the house front,still looking.

post signature

4 comments:

toypartman said...

Hey! Add the guitar to the growing number of instruments my very talented wife can play. She gave me a little personal concert and it sounded great! As those guys from Hee Haw used to say: "I'm a pickin and a grinnin". Many of you out there don't know that Gail can play most any instrument she picks up, but the guitar kinda always kicked her butt. Guess not anymore. Good for you baby. LYM

Gail said...

Oh,nice! I leave the room and you slip that in there? The guitar never kicked anything of mine sugar,I'd just rather play the cello :O)And TYVM,but I'm bringin' the hammer down.I'm not putting it on Speed channel.Nice try though,love :o)lymd

Al said...

aww i remember learning go tell aunt rodhie on bells....the lyrics are strange....something about something being dead....
i started playing jesu joy of man's desiring today on guitar.... i don't get that name.... its kinda long and doesn't make any sense....

Gail said...

You're crackin me up Boo :O) I figure "go tell aunt rhody the old gray goose is dead" is todays equivalent of "Grandma got run over by a reindeer",the halloween side of Christmas :O)