~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, December 21

-->Evil Genius?<----

Hey! My Halloween Cactus busted a Christmas move !! I LOVE when things flower out of season for no reason :O) [I put the white pinecone in there to be seasonal]

Evil genius or ass? This is the question Steve makes me ask myself a lot, and last night was no exception.We are pros at hosting for the holidays, and we do a lot of things in advance. One of these things is peeling and mashing potatoes. 10 pounds of those babies. This has traditionally been Steves job. Last night, it was time to do the deed. I went out to help. On his VERY FIRST tater, he cut a bit of the tip of his thumb with the peeler,and started bleeding....making it impossible for him to continue peeling. He CLAIMS it was an accident, but as I stood there peelin', I had to wonder......would he, COULD he, cut himself to get out of an onerous task?
I put it to him. Steve,- are you an evil genius or an ass? I got the "deer-in-the-headlights, innocent whistling,who-me" look, so I had to tater him. [note to family and friends who may be reading this and eating here on Christmas day...the offending tater was trashed ] I'm watching him snow blow right now,so I guess I don't mind peelin' taters too much,since I never have to do that.


December 21
-Phineas Fogg "Win a Wager" Day

~Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, ...it doesn't matter. - Mark Twain~



post signature

No comments: