~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, December 6

Oh BOY,Oban

I'm blogging a bit early today, cause tonight is Steves' company Christmas party. It's hard for me to go,because I am not a big-crowd-of-people-you-don't-know kinda person. Every year,in advance of the party, I select my drink for the night,and Mr Steve makes sure I have one in my hand at all times.This year I'm choosing a Black Russian,or a double Springbank or Oban single malt scotch,rocks. I hesitate to order the scotch because it certainly isn't "lady-like",all the ladies seem to order "red or white wine" and I'm thinking for Steves sake I'll try to blend in?? Maybe I can get the scotch in a wine glass?? :O) Or two,or......

OMG! 2 Funny as hell things for you today! The first comes to me via Mz Tater,TYVM honey,I about bust a gut...you've heard me here talking about how Steve can get so far back in the doghouse that you can't see the whites of his eyes, it looks like he has a cousin :
http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/VideoPage.aspx

I will say there have been years where I got an appliance,but that was because I wanted it badly. I never got a vacuum cleaner, and here's fair warning Steve, I'd better NEVER get one for a present :o) Nor do I ever want gears, a car computer,tires, ...I'll accept a whole vehicle,but NOT it's components! :O) Not even with a big festive bow on em!

The second funny I originally got from Nin, but I think Tater sent it along too.This is a link to a blog I LOVE LOVE LOVE,and I hope I am Margaret or Helen when I am their age. Don't be put off by the political talk on the current blog entry there,I wish they were my neighbors:

http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/

Also,....Steve and I are no longer house hunting virgins! We saw our first house today. We'd been following the mls listing online,and Steve knew right where it was.The key was in a lock box on the front door, so we called the realtor,who let us right in.Too bad they didn't tell us it was a foreclosure :/ But,we had a great time driving around this morning looking at the areas we're interested in,Plus I got me a strawberry shake so, good times :O)

Wish me well tonight :X And kids.....Tony knows there are to be no parties,and Kristin and Ronnie will be watching over him tonight,capice? THe only cars they expect to see in the driveway are Tonys',and ours when we get home.If you come for a visit,be prepared for a visit from your aunt or the neighbors,ok??? hehehe.Sly as a fox ;o) NOT FOR ONE MINUTE that *I* think you'd do anything sneaky,you never have :X :X :X but Dad gets a lil nervous :o)

~Amazingly Simple Home Remedies~


-Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop.
-Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.
-For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
-A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
-If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.
-You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
-If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

post signature

5 comments:

Shirla said...

I hope you have a good time at the party.

Mz. Ruta Baga said...

Hehe Gail,
I did send you both of those links. I'm glad you appreciated the humor in both of them. And, yes. Yes I am a real honest to goodness living breathing human. Insert big grin here. Well, most days I am.

Gail said...

Oh,Shirla,I had a Blast :o) And Ruta,I TYVM ;o)

Al said...

"Also,....Steve and I are no longer house hunting virgins! We saw our first house today. " wtf?? you guys need to im me when this shit happens!!!

Gail said...

Boo,we woulda told you,but we found out it was a foreclosure and walked away.We never even met the r.e agent {{{{{{Boo}}}}}You KNOW I tell you everyting!