~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Monday, December 22

Passin' time

The Holiday Menu. I tell Steve, close your eyes and listen. I run down the menu for the Christmas dinner, asking him to think of things I may have forgotten. I am sitting on the couch with the menu in my hand, and my laptop lid is preventing me from seeing his face. As I finish reading the menu, I sit forward, and there he is,...eyes wide open, staring at the tatas of a bimbo in a perfume ad [and by "bimbo", I mean any woman who tries to use sex to sell something to Steve.*I* am the only one allowed to use that amazingly effective technique, dammit.] So I say, "Did you hear a WORD I just said, or were you staring at her jahoobies?" Steve says, Oh NO, hon, I heard every word,...and Tony says, I call bullcrap on that.Even his son, in the next room, knew he was lying :X You friggin' men.

Gails' Favorite Holiday Tips
-Do,do-do-do-do-do-do-do NOT scrub out your fridge right before Christmas,if you are fridge challenged. You know what I mean....the stove would NOT dare balk you, it's knows your name.The fridge will throw stuff out at you every single stinkin' chance it gets, and it especially enjoys spitting HEAVY stuff at you. Let a friggin 59 cent bracket break on one shelf, and you have a 13 lb turkey and a 13 lb ham on your left foot. And Steve, hearing the commotion, yells from upstairs, Are you OK Hon? Of-friggin COURSE I'm ok with 26 pounds of meat on my foot. Just peachy, thank-you-very-much. STEVE however, will NOT be if he can't stop laughing.

-De-stress! I find that the time I spend on my passions is inversely proportionate to what I need to get done. Need to clean the oven? Go play the cello! Need to get the $%^% laundry done? Go online and amuse yourself! I've tried to share links of interest with you when I found them, and it was pure serendipity that I had 3 sites handed to me in the past 24 hours.John started it with this:

http://www.yellow-llama.com/epic-fails-from-around-the-world/

I could SWEAR I saw a family member in there, which distracted me from what I should have been doing even more effectively than usual. I replied to John to thank him,and his son sent this along, I liked it so much I listed it on this blog, under "places I like to visit" so I wouldn't forget it:

http://failblog.org/

Fast forward to this afternoon,Boo is home for the holidays. I'm telling her about the sites I got, and she says she has one for me:

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/Video.asp?ID=555

Other people do the same thing I do ! Now I don't feel so guilty ! :X

Of course I found other things to keep me from doing what I oughta. I'm making a turkey for dinner,luring all the kids home [evil genius.....I say turkey,they say when] instead of baking.
Plus, I got sidetracked when I saw this, this is the bathroom window,around 2:30 this afternoon.The small windows upstairs ice up in extreme cold, it usually only happens overnight, so you know it was under 20 degrees out:




and so I uploaded that, and wound up organizing some pics too...and I STILL have not found the pic I'm looking for dammit. But I put off the things on my holiday chart, so I was successful at something. Depending on how you look at it.
And this, because it's funny:



Happy Birthday Laura!


post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

You forgot to mention that your ever present, ever fixing husband screwed a couple of L brackets into the fridge and fixed the thing permenently. I had already replaced the factory brackets already a few years back, but the cheap sh*t broke again. Who thinks up the junk? Planned obsolescence is a conspiracy I'm tellin you. Sorry about the meat and your feet, my re-engineering insures that won't happen again. All for you sweetie, all for you. LYM

Gail said...

Steve,I didn't forget to mention it,I was too busy thinking about my next fridge :X With french doors and a big freezer drawer on the bottom! And I appreciate you beating the crap outta the fridge for me,just like you beat the crap outta my truck for me.And I will refrain from mentioning any sttupid-ass shit you've done lately,out of appreciation for the repairs :X :o)hehehe