~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, December 28

Crosses to Bear

Hello,my name is Gail and I am addicted to lip gloss. I have a bowlful of lipglosses in the hallway. I don't know why, this is the only one I wear :

Pretty pedestrian, huh? Now, you may be wondering, why in the hell is Gail telling me what lip gloss she wears? hehehe. Usually when you are speaking to women about things you use, they will tell you what their favorite product is, and try to hook you up.Word of mouth, capice? Well I have a friend named Danielle, and she had to be just a bit different,.... she showed me THIS:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=155686&aid=336079&aparam=weirdname

No comment :X


I have a confession to make. I am the biggest dumbass.Yup, You heard it here first. I balanced my checkbook this morning. Instead of subtracting a payment, back on Nov 21st, I ADDED it. Doubling the damage I did. In my life I have never overdrawn my checking account, we all have out little crosses to bear,and THINKING about overdrawing gives me the heebie-jeebies......I have NO idea why the thought upsets me so much, but there ya go. I even keep a mini calculator in my purse with my checkbook, how's THAT for bad? Now, I am a "buffer" type of person. Let's say I buy something for 35.47. I'll put that amount in the register, but subtract 36$,rounding up. I do it all the time. It appears I have almost a 300 dollar buffer in my account because of that. It doesn't help,though,when you're balancing the checkbook register and discover that there is a minus in front of the number on the calculator. You freak out. Do the math 4 times. Let out such a string of curses that Steve is laughing hysterically ,-a) he's glad I'm swearing at myself and not him and b) I am a talented curser,it was kinda funny. I still feel kinda sick over it. I got so upset that I TOTALLY forgot the buffer, grabbed a deposit slip and 150$ and sent Tony to the bank.....but all I had to do, if I really thought I was in danger of overdrawing, was to transfer money from savings to checking online. THAT is how much that rattled me. Crosses to bear. Checking will always be one of mine.

As long as I'm outing myself, I'll also tell you that I am responsible for the backup of traffic on the NYS thruway Sunday morning. SOMEONE didn't clean out the canister on the vacuum cleaner,[you know damn well it wasn't me, I hate to vacuum] leaving it for me to do. It ought to be bitter cold out, but it was 60 degrees around 11 this morning, so I grabbed the vacuum canister, a garbage bag, and went outside......forgetting that I was wearing my polkadot pajammies, TRES chic :X, and that I went out the front door,...the thruway door. So sorry about that if you were caught up in the traffic jam, I'll try to remember to get dressed or use the kitchen door from now on.
All the kids are in NYC this afternoon at MSG for some wrestling event. They'll be eating at a restaurant very near the place, and hooking up with Tina [ the sometimes commenter here,my niece] and some other relatives. So, we know where all our kids are,that they are fine and having a great time. And Mom and Dad have the house to themselves .


Have a great evening yall :O)

post signature

6 comments:

Mittie said...

The Chicken Poop is GOOD STUFF, LOL! I can't stand petroleum on my lips - makes them feel wierd, so I use wierd stuff like Chicken Poop, LOL! A regional cheapie haircutting place also has a tea tree lip balm that i like. So you're not alone...

TronWife said...

I like lip stuff quite a bit. I use the basic stuff(Burts, some really good Chapstick I found, etc) and some of the fancier stuff(Hot Cakes flavor from BBW, some candy flavored one from Vic's Secret)...I am NOT putting bird excrement on my lips-or any other part of my body for that matter!!

One time, my grandma went down to the basement to get something outta the freezer(external basement entrance) and I locked her out. Oh boy was she not happy, she was in her gown and the people were pulling into the bank parking lot across the street...rofl. I got my ass whooped for that one!

CaptainChaos! said...

Hi Mom!!

Gail said...

Mittie,I knew if I waited,someone would tell me they use lip poop :o)I have a burts bees lemon/lime for special occasions :o) I think Steve would like the bright red lipstick,but Hell hasn't frozen over yet :X

Gail said...

Oh,Dawn!:O) THIS is why I need to move, to be in an area where no one will go blind or faint if I go out in my pajammies. It didn't occur to me,the back of the house is very rural,[and the neighbors all know I'm crazy anyway,they don't bat an eye]the front is Grand Central Station :o)

Gail said...

{{{Stevie!}}}} I was just thinking about you,I'm finishing the laundry so you can use the washer & dryer tomorrow....I hear you guys had quite the good time last night :o)