~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, December 7

AHA ! An Appletini

Woo-Hoo! I had a great time last night, I usually do at those parties,I just get nervous beforehand. And the drink situation resolved itself....we walked in and started greeting people. Steve asked what I wanted to drink, just as one of his co-workers gave me a hug, and his drink smelled heavenly! I asked him what he was drinking,and the sky opened up and the sun shone down on his head ! "An Appletini !" So that's what I drank, and plenty of em :O) Apple liquor and vodka, with a maraschino cherry in there for no apparent reason [oh,maybe so I could keep the stems,and keep count of how many I had :X ] my kinda night. I think that'll be my party drink from now on. Right off the bat, one of the guys asked me about my job,...you have to admit, it's not the most usual job for a woman to have, and in an automotive crowd, you don't forget it. I told him it was going great, and I was kicking ass and taking names, and he thought that was the funniest thing he's ever heard, he went around telling people what I said. Anytime he pointed at me, I knew what he was saying, even when he was across the room. The real fun started after the dinner.They started playing the music so loud, it hurt. I never understood that, it's a party, not a Billy concert. It was so loud we couldn't talk, so a lot of us went back into the sitting room, where the drinks and apps had been served. As we got to talkin, one of the young women that works at the dealership came to our table, and I don't remember what got it started, I think I admired her tattoo,.....but the conversation turned to bras. She had on a strapless top, and was having enough trouble keeping the girls in it, but then she was gonna show some of us ladies her bra....except that our men were right there too, and it never occurred to any of us that the men might have a problem! She was just so well-meaning and adorable, [like I *really* needed help finding the right strapless bra, can you picture the scene? Dancing at a company Christmas party ,and Lucy and Ethel pop out to say "hello" ? Steve would give himself a hernia laughing, and I'd have to kill him] it wasn't sexual in any way,unless you count damn near exposing yourself in a crowd as sexual. This morning Steve is telling me he didn't know what to do or where to look. I said,I KNOW where you wanted to look, and he said yeah, but I didn't want to get hurt. The poor guy was looking everywhere but at the "display". I'm sittin here lol'in at the scene. THAT is loyalty !! That's OK Hon, you look all you want. The day you touch, is the day you die :O)


One of the most fun websites I've ever come across, it makes it's appearance every year, and again, TYVM Ruta for sending it along. We laugh until we cry every year:

http://www.elfyourself.com/

December 8th:
International Cotton Candy Day
post signature

No comments: