~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Monday, January 26

Real Talent

I told you I've been feeling really bad. I was feelin better, but not for long. I thought it was cause I am SO friggin sick of winter, and a cold. Finally said the hell with it and saw my doc today. I have a sinus infection and an ear infection! A double-whammy, my first time out ! I never had either one of these before. I have such talent. And, to be honest, I'm happy and relieved. That was really bugging me, my get up and go,I mean it's GONE, and there's a bit of pain involved, so now at least I know why. The doc gave me a "get out of work" pass for tomorrow, but I can't use it,- we're due for 5-8" with a scrim of ice on top tomorrow night into wed., and fer sure I won't be going in wed. If it's that bad, Steve will need the truck [or I will need his ass to be in the truck so I am not worried]

As for my previous blogging about swears,well.....it's like this. I am who I am.I cannot be who I am not. When I first started blogging, I was gonna be so careful not to say anything to offend. Before you know it, you are so afraid to offend that you have nothing to say. I won't blog like that. The only caveat I gave myself, is that I would never intentionally blog something with the aim of hurting or embarrassing someone. I may well hurt or embarrass someone, but I will never intenetionally do that, and hope if I do, they'll let me know.With this crowd, I have no Doubt I'll hear about it. Now,that's not to say I won't call bullshit where calling bullshit is due, like on our beloved asshat governor. But if I have a thought or idea, or read or saw something interesting, or something happened in my life to make me think, chances are you will read about it. I was totally honest about the swears bloggie, how it came to be. I'm only blogging what I thought about. I am not going to apologize if it didn't make you laugh or if it offended you. Just like my advice to younger women, that was hard but it was real.The swears were easy as pie, but they were real too. And that's all I promise.Real, with a soupcon of funny thrown in just because.

~Of all the things I've loved and lost, I miss my mind the most.~

post signature

2 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

It's freedom of speech, Ma! Your blog, your rules, the hell with anyone who dare says different :)

PS see ya for my conjugal laundry visit tomorrow

Gail said...

HEhehe,Stevie :o) I had 2 e-mails saying that there were little kids in the room while the blog was clicked on.You know me,what do ALWAYS say? "Little kids need to be protected" So I understand those e-mails,and do feel bad.But I can't change who I am. I'm considering putting a warning on blog entries like that.
And,the mo'chines ae your :O)