~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, January 1

Dancin' Girls

A very happy New Years to You! I spent most of the day doing exactly what I wanted. I'm waiting for the men to get done watching a movie [they are upstairs.....Tony has blueray on his laptop, so they hooked that up to the tv to watch some movie the name of which I can't remember, but could not be less interested in seeing ] so I can go practice, they'd have a bit of an issue with my volume.
Sat., we HOPE, we will be seeing at least 2 houses. We pretty much in agreement about what we MUST HAVE ,and what we need and want. One of the houses, omg, 3.5 acres, I can plant the HELL outta that, and a lot of it is wooded. It occurred to me, I've never really lived away from woods, except our first few years of marriage in the apt. I need them nearby, if I can't have them as part of the property. We've seen a lot of nice houses, but they either are in mega developments [very small lot size] or the price or taxes are simply more than we will pay. In NY, school taxes are skyrocketing in some areas, so we really need to watch that too. Nervous scary territory.

I spent a little time today getting the blog and my sig for message boards and e-mail updated to spring, I am SO ready for spring already !! Poor Tony,he got off work early Wednesday,came home around 1:30... [we had a snowstorm, bitter cold, high winds, the whole magilla] they did NOT plow our road...still haven't...and Tony couldn't get his car up the hill to our house. I hoofed it down and MADE it come up the hill [cars know my name, or they know I'll report them to Steve, it's just refrigerators that hate me. Refrigerators and the occasional microwave.] I SWEAR,when we are out of here I am going to put such a smackdown on this friggin landlord, you'll hear it in 'Jersey. Oh ! Note the new ticker! A nod to my gearheads, The Daytona is The Holy of Holies on a Nascar fans' religious calendar. And please note the dancing girls, I know that ya gotta have some boobs around racecars :X

January 2:
-55 MPH speed limit day [@@]

~May God bless those who love us. And those who do not love us, may He turn their hearts. And if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we may know them by their limping. - Irish Blessing~

post signature

1 comment:

TronWife said...

I have recently decided, with all my travels down into Seattle and the surrounding areas, that I am NOT a city girl. I need small town living and would not mind living out in the boonies on some land! You know my fingers are crossed that you find your perfect house soon. And I'm excited about Daytona, but also now...NASCAR just ain't what it used to be. Kind of like the song American Pie...saying the day the music died, a lot of of NASCAR died for me with Dale, it just has changed so much in the time since. I still watch Daytona and a few other scattered races, but not every Sunday as religion(and my boobs, though not big, were always present...rofl).