~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, January 2

One of those Great days :O)

What a great day ! The kids came home,and got me something I have wanted for so long.

When they were 12, 9, and 6, for a few years we had a sega genesis unit [video games]and the sega channel...a video game channel. Some of these games were really technically challenging. At the time, moms were saying that video games were from the debbil, and no one of my acquaintence let their kids play. [or if they did they'd turn up their noses and never admit it.]*I* did. I thought, and still do, that they teach hand eye coordination, perseverence, and problem solving ability, and in controlled doses, when the parent selects the games,they are fine for kids.[ and those games were NO where near as violent or bloody as todays' games] They played in our livingroom, and Steve and I played too. I can't tell you the good times we had beating some games, we all had a hand in it.Well, fast forward to today...all the kids got together and got me a sega unit, and a basket of games for it, including our family favorite, Kid Chameleon. That game was a true BITCH to defeat, and we couldn't have done it without each other. I just about cried my eyes out, I know it sounds like a stupid thing, but we all loved those snowy Saturday afternoons,and they remembered the good times, and were showing me that. I felt all the good memories I have of those years were TOTALLY validated by my kids, we all shared a lot of good times .... I'm crying again. :O) We all played and noshed all afternoon,then had chinese for dinner.Boo and Stevie just left.A Great Day,thank you so much kids...... Plus we go to see the 3 or 4 houses tomorrow. A Great day today,and a lot to look forward to tomorrow.

post signature

6 comments:

toypartman said...

Happy Birthday to my sweetheart. I'm so happy to be growing old with you. Well, I'm getting older, you of course are not.;) It's so nice to see the kids hook you up like that, you did a good job with them. I hope you're proud of yourself. I love you. Happy birthday!!

Al said...

Happy berfday merm.

CaptainChaos! said...

Remember...

with Maniaxe, A+Start = extra life.

In Hills of the Warrior I, Forced Entry, and Bloody Swamp, RUN LIKE HELL!

(And lose Juggernaut after Woods of Despair II or you are screwed in Forced Entry!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

BadBooking said...

I forgot how hard Isle of the Lion Lord was without Cyclone!

Happy birthday Mom, and really enjoy the living crap out of the Sega! You deserve it! :)

Gail said...

I cant even begin to tell you....it's 8:30,and Tony and I are on Bezerker/elsewhere :O) Honey,today ROCKED,thank you so much :o)Boo,I knocked the card off the arm of the couch and Domo Arrigato Mr Roboto started,just as Tony started the next round :o) Seriously Stevie, [I need to think of a better nickname for you,so I can blog about you and you Dad without confusion)]COOK THE CHICKEN !! You are ready!
And Honey...you were there thru everything,you had as much to do with these wonderful people as I did :O) For all the words I just typed,I'm still speechless :O)

Shirla said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend! :) Your day sounded wonderful.