~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, April 3

It's all Physics,baby

Well, as you can imagine, the stress level around here is pretty high. It doesn't help that Steve is working a LOT of extra hours, due to one of his guys still being out on workmans comp, with no friggin return in sight. It's the biggest hardship at his work I've ever seen, nobody gets a day off, and it's not pretty. Plus, I overheard something at my work that I don't think I was meant to overhear. In effect, I need to work more hours or they will let me go and hire someone who will. Now, first off, the owner was ADAMANT that I remember I was a part time hire when I was hired, and repeated that a lot. I should NOT expect to get more hours. And I WANTED, and still want, a part time job. He is now ADAMANT that I cough up more hours. I am complimented, I appear to have a real affinity for the job, you either have it or you don't. I'm the dark horse. Since 2 people left, he wants me, the quantity he knows, rather than a new hire who may or may not be able to do the job. After our move, I'm expected to work a few hours short of full time. Oh, and my commute will change from 4 minutes 30 seconds to 45 minutes or more. yay. BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE !! And it's GOOD NEWS !!

Tomorrow is the house inspection, and we can't wait, that's the Big Nut, the one unknown. A Lot of people waiting to hear if the Love Shack is healthy, it damn well better be, or I'll kick it's ass. All the kids want to come and see the inspection. That made me so happy...Tony will be the only one living at home, but Boo and Stevie want to see where they'll be staying when they feel like it :o) And of course, they need to make sure my laundry facilities are adequate :X Happy and scared to death all at once.

Steve and I were talking, this is one of the biggest things we've ever done, and we ought to be so happy and excited right now, but it's all we can do to keep on keepin' on. No sleep and bad work tends to do that to you, but to both of us at the same time,.................well,...........................lets' say, it sucks AND blows at the same time, therefore breaking all known laws of Physics. Now, THAT is Special. You have the dubious honor of knowing a law-breaking couple :X

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Steve just called. He told me has has a lot of boxes and other stuff for packing that he's bringing home. I told him,it almost sounds real! And he said, oh YES honey we are OUT of there! So now happy and weepy again dear sweet Jesus, the slow leak better stop ! :)

April 3rd:

-Tweed Day and Don't Go To Work Unless It's Fun Day

~There came a time when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin ~

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your inspection went well.

The work thing almost sounds like here. Dave had to take a 3% pay cut but still has a job...my employer well it has been mandatory OT every other weekend for the past 11-12 weeks.
First they wanted 150 people to take a temporary lay-off they did that for three weeks had been told up to 7 weeks and before they could even call anyone back they had to work mandatory OT.