~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, April 12

Happy Easter!


A Happy Easter to you all! We had a wonderful weekend, the first stress-free one in a looong time. The kids came down with Steves birthday gift yesterday, so that meant a chinese feast, the Best Of Saturday Night Live/Will Ferrell, and another birthday cake. Nothing to do about the Love Shack right now, the contracts are signed, and we're waiting on
-an appraisal
-a title search
-a survey
-probably something else we don't know about yet, but you know it will cost beau coup duckies.
I didn't show you the Love Shack yet, did I ? Your first view:


Trust me, you will see more "Before and Afters" than you ever thought possible.

I have been told, fences make good neighbors. I don't like fences too much though, so I am making a living wall down each side of the property line. Probably forsythia, I LOVE forsythia, and they are easy to keep tidy. Also, the former owners planted lil trees and shrubs that were too big around most of the foundation, it will be my job to rip them all out and plant with something more suitable to right up against the house. I can't believe *I* have to kill plants, but there ya go. My hostas and wild baby irises will have plenty of places to hang out.

You wanna hear funny? Every time I think about everything we need to do, my mind goes right to the painting and planting, it skips right over the paperwork and worry and closing and moving. I had my checkup with my Dr. on Thursday, and my blood pressure was the lowest it has ever been! Evidently my blood pressure took a lesson from my brain, I wonder how much more of me is in denial, hehehe.

I still can't figure out how to save a voice mail message from my answering machine, to a .wav file I can keep. I was at work when the word came in that our offer was accepted, so Steve left a message on the home machine, knowing I check that the minute I walk in. His voice sounded the way it did on so few occasions,.....on our wedding day, calling people to tell them we had a child, and now to let me know our offer was accepted. It makes me cry to listen to it, I have to find a way to save it before the damn machine fills up and auto-deletes. Yeah, I know, just about every bloggie lately has me in tears. Steve and the kids tease me about it a lot, and I am afraid to talk about the house in public, I will not cry in public, so I might explode instead. Attention maintenance, Clean-up in aisle 3, Gail was talking to a neighbor about the Love Shack :X

Oh Shit! Tony just called,he's on his way home,he had an accident at work. He was lifting a box of brake shoes off a shelf, and the damn bottom gave way, the brake shoes fell on his foot...his bad foot with the Big Toe from Hell on it [years ago...he broke that toe badly.The nail was jammed back into the toe, and got ingrown a few times, necessitating painful surgery each time it became ingrown. He is Terrified of injuring that toe, and I don't blame him in the least]

April 13th [we are almost halfway thru April already!!]
-Blame Somebody Else Day

~You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape. ~



post signature

3 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

HAPPY EASTER!!

Can't wait to see how this house evolves. Your inner interior decorator will be put to good use!

Gail said...

:o) Hey,Stevie,do me a favor.Next time you are gonna read this blog....delete all your cookies,crank the volume,and THEN come in.I usually am online with volume all the way down.Tonight I came in to reply to you,and there is an AUDIO ad on my blog! Dad heard it too.LMK if you hear it,I never read anything about THAT in the FAQ :X Thanks,Hon.

Erin said...

I heard the AUDIO ad tonight Gail. I too usually am online with the volume down but I'm on my mom's computer and I got a Lysol ad over her speakers. I didn't have anything play on mine though when I went to mine.