~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Monday, April 20

Yesterdays' Bloggie

My, my, my.
Let's talk about yesterdays' bloggie.
Let me be VERY clear. I am not judging ANYone for how they run their lives, or their marriages.

As we had our children and raised them, it was up to us to present information on lifestyles different than our own, different than what Steve and I modeled for them. If I had to talk about being in a subservient relationship, for example, to my daughter OR my sons, I would tell them that it stunts your own personal growth. It prevents a true union, the joining of two hearts and minds and souls, because one part of the equation will ALWAYS carry more weight than the other. Any of you marrieds, you know, sometimes you give and sometimes you take, but in the long run it balances out. There IS no balance in a subservient relationship. Someone who ALWAYS defers to someone else in a relationship is not a person in full. That's more like a Boss/employee relationship than a marriage.
So, that type of relationship is not something I would want for my kids.
However.
If you are an adult, and you Choose to have that type of relationship, I am not going to say you are wrong or judge you for that.
Just like I wouldn't judge someone because of their religion, or skin color, or sexual preferences.
Do you see the difference? That blogger judged ME, for not living my life the same way she does. I am not going to judge her. Pity her, yes. She's missing out on a lot. Yes, I did call her opinion bullshit. Because it is :X but I did not say she was wrong for living her life the way she wants to. Just don't be hatin' on me and trying to force your lifestyle on me.
Oh, and trust me, Steve loves me just the way I am. If I became subservient, he'd take me to the emergency room, thinking I'd suffered a head injury.
I think that about covers everything. If it didn't, I'm sure I'll hear about it :o)

post signature

4 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

Points well raised, Mom. And yes, you gots sum balls... I wouldn't wear a dress if I were you... they might pop out at an inopportune time!

Agreed on all the "equalness" points, one person can't carry a relationship

Gail said...

STEVIE!!! I LIKE my dresses! My point was, well,....exactly what you took from the bloggie.Now see,YOU are sexist too..I'm strong,so I have Balls? Why can't a woman be strong and supportive, love her men, and not have a male appendage? Why should the best appellation a woman gets be, "you have balls" ? I don't WANT to have balls, I want to be me! You know me better than than Hon :O)

CaptainChaos! said...

Meant it only as a figure of speech, sorry if I offended, wasn't my intent.

Gail said...

Sorry Honey :O) No offense taken :O) But,a woman has to wonder,when she hears that a lot,is that a good thing or a bad thing? Which is it hon?