~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, April 7

Happy Birthday Honey!

Today is Steves' Birthday, and he will have a great time. I will SEE to that :) Since we're on a tight budget,he told me to ONLY GET HIM ONE GIFT. So I did.I got him a Spiderman [his favorite superhero :o)] gift bag.........one bag. And put his gifts in there :O)

Today we got the contract to buy the house! It's gettin' real, just like the money leaving our accounts.Sweet Baby Jesus! You know, we WENT to our broker and said,we need a list of steps we need to take, and money we will need on top of the downpayment, so that we will be comfortable at closing time. We already have had 4 expenses the broker never mentioned, and we're gettin' a WEE bit askeered here. But that doesn't stop us from discussing a new kitchen sink and a DISHWASHER! I have never had one in our 27 years of marriage, so this old dog is gonna learn some fun new tricks.

post signature

6 comments:

John Voss said...

Congratufreakinlations! Sounds like you're well on your way. Fear? Of course FEAR! You'll get over it as we all do eventually. I'm really happy for you, with or without a dishwasher!

Gail said...

Thank you so much John! I swear,I saw all the pages of the contract and about fell off the couch,and the print is so small....we couldn't stop laughing,I had my glasses all the way down my nose and Steve needed a magnifying glass :o) hehehe. And,I am looking forward to the first day when my initial reaction to the mortgage isn't fear and loathing :o) But I'm damn lucky!
I'm waiting for your blog to update,are you going to blog any of the work in your and your wifes' show? A Big Congratufreakinlations right back at you! It looks like we both had fantastic weekends :O)

CaptainChaos! said...

Originally posted by GAIL at 4:24 PM April 07, 2009

this old dog is gonna learn some fun new tricks

So, you officially admit to being old?


HAHAHAHA


and congrats!! Ya gotta believe and it'll all work out.

(I messed up the HTML tags on the first post, which is why I deleted it)

Gail said...

Stevie,hon,...when have I ever hidden my age? I wouldn't be your age again for all the tea in China :o)

toypartman said...

I said 1 present. Not a Spiderman bag full of presents. NO NO NO Bad Gail!! Oh well (the sound of me caving in), thanks for my great presents. OBTW, I prefer the Batman to Spidey. How appropriate to be signing contracts on my birfday. That will bring us good luck for sure.LYM

Gail said...

:o) :o) Yes,Dear :o)