~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Friday, July 3

Pissing Contests and Endpin stops

Dear Bloggie,
Hi! Long time no see! This unpacking shit B-I-T-E-S, let me tell you!

Pissing Contest:
(noun) Meaningless though nonetheless entertaining event or act in which people try to outdo one another.

Even though we are all in the Shack [well, not unpacked, that's another bloggie for another day] I am still working at the job that was extremely close to our old home. The irony is, my 4 1/2 minute commute turned into an hour commute. Thru a stretch of road that I likened to a rodeo yesterday morning, OMG, the stupidity of people! I laughed for 5 miles, watching people jockey for position at a left had turn.....speed up! Quick switch lanes and cut off a big rig. Who the HELL in their right mind would get into a pissing contest at ALL behind the wheel of a vehicle, let alone in a passenger vehicle? And have said pissing match with a Semi or commuter bus? WHO? Well, let me tell you. A LOT of people around here would. I was cut off by a mini cooper. I could pick that lil thing up and put it in the back of my truck, ........if we got into an accident he wouldn't be walking away. So he goes zipping in and out of lanes, everyone doing 10 to 15 over the limit, it WAS rush hour,.....and as we approach the light, the mini cooper winds up right along side me. All that effort, for NOTHING! I looked over at him, he looked over at me, and I burst out laughing, he probably thought I was a loon. Gail wins this pissing contest.

Steve has XM radio in his car. I thought, with his Loooong 30 minute commute from the old place, he ought to have good stuff to listen to. Since we moved, and the tables have turned so to speak, I have thought *I* should have the XM now. My commute is 3 times as long as his. Steve has intimated to me that it would be a BITCH to remove the radio, as he has hard wired it into the Vic, Ooooooo, he might hurt his back, Oooooooo, about 10 more reasons to let 'er lie where she is. So last night, I ask in general terms about XM radio, *I* know how hard it is to get out of a vehicle,...and he says, "oh NO, hon, I can have that out in less than 30 minutes"..........and even as the words were coming out of his mouth, he knew he lost that particular pissing contest. So YAY, I am getting XM radio, I LOVE their 70's station and some of the comedians. Gail wins this pissing contest.

Remember I told you, I applied for a position up here, and decided I didn't like it? So I "chose to decline the position" . I had been pressured by my work to work more hours. I am already commuting 8 to 10 more hours a week, I ain't working any more hours! When I declined the position, I wrote my supervisor and the owner a letter, telling them HEY! I was offered another job, at a pay scale quite a bit above what I am making here, but turned it down I won't turn down the next offer if the pressure doesn't stop. [ that's when I told them that I hadn't toked lately so I could pass the pee test :X ] And the upshot was, All is well Gail, your hours are fine, blahblahblah. Yesterday they gave me a raise! No one told me, they circled it on my pay stub. Cool, cool beans! I make almost a lil money now! Almost! Gail wins This pissing contest too!

And in the stunning denouement of this pissing contest bloggie,....last night, I made a honkin Amazon order. I needed an end pin stop for my cello, I've never been in a place where I needed one before. Hell, the end pin stop snowballed into an accessories for my Ruby order, as well as a grocery order. By the time I was done, I spent 108$. We agreed to place this order on the joint card, as a household expense, because if I don't get my endpin stop, someones household will need to hire a maid. I told Steve the total and gave him one of those wife stares, DARING him to say something. And he didn't, Good Man. I'm looking over the confirm today.....and I see that I put the whole shebang on MY c.c. Not the general household one. So, I lost this pissing contest with a vengeance, I can't stop laughing about it. Hey,I'm 3 for 4, not bad :O)


July:
4th: National Country Music Day, Tom Sawyer Fence-Painting Day

~A smart man covers his ass; a wise man leaves his pants on ~

post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Why would you enter a pissing contest when you are so obviously over matched? That would be a literal pissing contest of course, as opposed to a theoretical one. You see, well you know, female anatomy and all. And now I bow out gracefully before I get into a, yeah, you know.

Gail said...

Oooooooooo,feelin' a bit brave now, are we? :o) :o) Hehehe, babe :O) I told you,this week "Discretion is the better part of Valor" was my motto,looks like it was yours too :o)