~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, July 26

Moona Lisa finds her Home

I'm sure you've seen snippets of this already, here's the full "Best entrance to a Wedding" video. It made me cry [hush] such happiness and joy! THAT is what getting married ought to be about, not being scared to death.

http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/07/24/-wedding-entrance-video-forever-ever/

A LOT happened the past few days! I did get to go to my IRL with some of my best internet friends. We met K at the hotel she was staying at, [you see, I'm never sure how much info about others is ok and what is TMI for them, so they will be initials] D was already there with a lot of her family, another D showed up with most of her posse, and Laura, my friend and real estate attorney came too. What a BLAST, I've known these women for 10 years or more and never got to party with them before. VERY cool beans :O)


Saturday we helped move Boo, and it went really well. The worst thing that happened was the breaking of the plate out of her microwave, so we are very lucky too.You should SEE the steps leading down out of her old place, it was in the heart of New Paltz...seeing us carrying guitar hero and a mattress tables, chairs, oh at one point I had a spider plant and banjo and ...omg, the funny thing was, NO ONE gave us a second glance, hehehe, I guess they see that stuff walking around all the time.

As far as the house goes...Bedroom.DONE! [ but we didn't paint yet] Diningroom. DONE! The diningroom, a before:






and the after:


Everything else, WHOOPSIE!! The kitchen is kicking my ass, if we had more time off it would be done,but we're getting there.

About the bedroom...Steve and I decided we are not going to fight the 50's/60's funk around here, we'll try to update it a bit. I found the perfect bedding set online @ jcpenny, and ordered it. The day it was due, a strange guy with a silver sports car rings my bell [woo-Hoo!] He has 2 huge boxes with him....evidently UPS thinks I live one street over, at this guys in-laws house, and he brought me my misdelivered packages. Every neighbor I have met has been terrific, especially when they are dressed :X I wasn't gonna blog the bedroom yet cause we haven't painted yet, but this is the retro set:

I called Steve over, showed him this shot, and asked if he'd mind if I blogged it.He said maybe I shoulda taken the shotgun out of there, and too bad it wasn't a better pic [I took it and didn't care that the pillows weren't lined up just -so, I was Bloggin' baby!] so I had to go smack him upside his head :o)

July:
26th: Groovy Chicken Day
27th: Take your Pants for a Walk Day
28th: National Milk Chocolate Day

~Trivia~
Three things you didn' know had names:
-Obdormition: the scientific term for a limb that's "asleep"
-Ophryon: the space between your eyebrows
-Purlicues: that tight bridge of skin between the thumb and an extended forefinger


post signature

4 comments:

CaptainChaos! said...

I about had a seizure looking at the bed set. The dining room looks fantastic, good choice on the countertop. I like how they're evenly spaced away from the wall on either side, it's the little touches that make or break a job like that.

toypartman said...

Well baby, another room done. Slowly but surely-I promise we'll be working in the kitchen this week. You just have these wonderful visions and I thank god I have the know-how to pull them off. We make a good team, me and you. I think we can hang for awhile, might be good. PS: I fixed the terlet too.

Gail said...

Ah Jesus, Stevie! That's Funky honey!You'll like it in person.
Poor Dad about bust a GUT when the countertop came in, it looked warped.Thanks to HGTV and DIY, I told him,even wood flooring must sit at room temp for 24-48 hrs after delivery, before install.That settling period set the counter straight.And the sconces around Moona? They were the silver ones in our bedroom at the old place, around "Starry Starry Night" The silver didn't translate well here, so I spray painted them with the same paint we used on the cabinets, and I like em better than I did before :o)

Gail said...

HAHAHA Hon, the terlet so nice, it had to flush twice :O)I know I'm impatient, I just want my home set to rights. No kitchen work monday,that's my long day this week.Any other night, and we will blast some tunes and get to it :O)I just saw facebook and T was UP IN MIDDLETOWN this weekend and did not stop in. I think I will have to spank that girl, and Jen and Al too.Yo...Get your asses over here,...it might not be finished, but it won't bite you!