~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Wednesday, July 22

Wow-ilicious

A great few days planned! Friday is a big one...

-The inspector for the electricals is finally showing up, so we can put paid to that expensive episode of the Love Shack.

-My Chifferobe is coming!!! My dresser got destroyed during the move, and I was determined to wait until what *I* wanted showed up, not just buy something ugly to be expedient. We ordered it from the same furniture store we ordered our bed from, [ and the couch, the loveseat,the recliner,the tv console,the coffeetable, they know us well there] they match.OK,you'll have it end of July. Ok,you'll have it first week of August. Ok, you'll have it the second week of August,.....I heard that, and I'm sure YOU all heard me yell oh HELL NO. So Steve went over there tonight, and explained about my sad state of affairs,...no dresser for Gail!! Upset wife!! HELP!!! And the guy [THANK YOU JEFF] got a brilliant idea.He searched for my chifferobe. And discovered they have one on lay-away for another customer, -their house will not be ready til Sept. [Oh, I believe that, those poor people will be waiting a hell of a lot longer that THAT] so they sold that one to US! It will be here friday.

-I get to meet some of my heart loopies, IRL [In Real Life] on friday, and I am so happy I could pop! I've talked with these women for 10 years or more,they know when Steve is in the doghouse, but more importantly,they know when *I'm* in the doghouse :o) Cool,Cool beans! If they dont mind, I'll blog pics of us, but ya never know. I think it was Thanksgiving....I got a beautiful pic of one of my sisters with her daughter, and asked her if I could blog it, and she acted like I hit her with an electric prod NO NO NO. I don't get that, but I can respect it. The people here who know my last name and my incidentals are people I care about, and I trust them. I'm still waiting for a certain cellist to get done with the Bard and make an appearance :O) :O) But,what the hell, we haven't seen each other for 30 years, what's a few more days or weeks?? :O) And I will ask him if I can blog THAT too :o) More cool beans.

The move was harder than I EVER imagined . But I feel better, and more in control, and more hopeful than I did this time last week :O)

Saturday, another good day...for my Boo.She has a roommate from Hell in her apartment, and her new apartment is ready, so we will be helping her move. I sympathize with her so much, I HATE moving.[Just in case you didn't know that already]

The house is NOT NOT where I thought it would be at this point,but...I don't care.I FEEL a lot better about it, it will get there, it always does, and the people who are in it, and visit it, are what is important. Plus, getting the hang of this dishwasher thing helped a lot :X I feel excited and happy, and I haven't felt that way, well, since the bloggie where Steve and Tony followed the moving van and I was vacuuming the old place. Hehehe, I'm looking around right now.........No countertop on the long sideboard in the diningroom yet [waiting for it to arrive] A TON of paperwork on Steves desk.Boxes in the puter chair, a box on the stairs, an open toolbox [mine] on the loveseat] A work in progress :O) :O) :O) But DAMN,that dishwasher is humming out there!

Oh! That's the other thing. Most couples have a "song". Steve and I have a "Power Ballad" and a "song". You know the power ballad, Love Shack by the B-52's.It kept us company all these years, waiting for our Love Shack, and that's the name of our home. But "our" song ? An oldie but a goodie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWN_duZfIs

[sweet, sweet memories you gave-a me, you can't beat

the memories you gave-a me]


Take one fresh and tender kiss

Add one stolen night of bliss

One girl, one boy

Some grief, some joy

Memories are made of this.


Don't forget a small moonbeam,

Fold in lightly with a dream.

Your lips and mine,

Two sips of wine,

Memories are made of this.


Then add the wedding bells,

One house where lovers dwell,

Three little kids for flavor.

Stir carefully through the days,

See how the flavor stays....

These are the dreams you will savor.


With His blessings from above,

Serve it generously with love,

One man,

One wife,

One love through life.

Memories are made of this.

post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Man, I lucked out tonight at the furniture store. It definitely helps to shop local, use one salesman and remind him of the 3G's we dropped there 2 months ago. He took pity in my plight and pulled that wardrobe right out his ass. I think he was as happy as I was when he found it in the layaway section. Well anyway sweetheart, you'll have your chifferobe, wardrobe or whatever else you want to call it. That will be one more room we can mark off the list... oh wait, you did say something about paint, didn't you.

Gail said...

Aw hon,paint can wait. I believe we're out of the "killing ourselves by moving" phase. :O)