~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Sunday, July 12

Boozapalooza/Sweet,Sweet,Delicious Irony

This past week, Steve and I visited Vermont. I believe I blogged the resort in my last entry.
Oh, MY.
It was like another world.
First off, we got on the main drag here to go there, and got behind a lovely vette'. It had Jersey plates, and Steve became convinced that the car belonged to a Toyota employee going to the same place we were. And you know what? He was right! Hours later, we get into Vermont, into the town proper, and there is no grand sweeping entrance to this place, just an abrupt right off the road. We did not know this. Steve says "Where the hell do we go" and I said "Follow the Vette'!" So we did, hehehe, Garmin got NOTHING on us. Later on, we met the ladies in that car in the bar, so I went over to compliment them on their ride, and tell them the funny story about how we followed them, they followed us yada yada yada all the way to Vermont.They looked at each other and burst out laughing like loons....you see, Steve drives a Crown Victoria..."The Vic", it is the same car used a police car /police interceptor. Those poor ladies thought WE were the cops.....US!!! It was MY turn to laugh like a loon. I cannot imAGINE thinking I was being followed, by the cops, right across state lines to boot, THAT is really bad!
So this place was just the tops. Toyota had a hospitality suite, so anytime you needed aNYthing from a snack to a drink to directions or info on the events taking place, you had a place to go. Each night of our stay, Toyota had "goodie bags" delivered to the rooms.The first was great, it was all about Vermont,and the foods they're famous for,including real maple syrup. A fun toy :X :o) The second night, OMG. We got a little blue leather pouch from Tiffanys, with a sterling silver and pearl bracelet in it.
The resort itself was nothing short of amazing. Everywhere you looked was gorgeous, no attention to detail missed. I had to be careful walking around, cause I'd be so enthralled by what I was looking at, I wasn't watching where I was going.
I think the food and the booze were the funniest, and most fun, parts for me. Aside from being alone with my honey with no unpacking to do, and no guilt over it.....[famous last words, and more on that in a few minutes.]

Food wise, I discovered 2 things.
-Life is short, I am going to find and pop for the best butter I can. I usually use land o lakes, but my dear GOD, the butter at that resort would make paper towels taste good.The 2 stores I looked in do not have anything like it, but I gather that yea, I will know it by it's price, and will buy it.
-This resort only uses Green Mountain coffee....good stuff, but a bit on the sweet boring side for me, I'll keep my 8'oclock brown and purple bags of beans and mix them. BUT! I have been drinking coffee since I was 11, and I have ALWAYS used cream [milk, 1/2 & 1/2,whatever] . ALWAYS. At the Equinox, when I added cream, the coffee turned a disgusting shade of grey, I was thinking THIS is what you have to offer? The next cup I omitted the cream....and WOW. A most excellent thing, and quite the surprize to me. At home, I'm leaving out the cream, and liking the coffee even more. I am Proud to say, there WAS a new trick this old dog could learn, only took me 38 years for that one! [STILL didn't master the dishwasher thing yet, but hope springs eternal]

The Booze. Once again, all top shelf, mass quantities, even the wine was LOVELY...they usually serve a plonk kind, great in it's own way, but I had a Chardonnay....the most over-used wine in the world I think,...but this one....we were handed glasses as we entered a historic home on the second night. I smelled it and it stopped me in my tracks, I WISH I had thought to ask what it was. Absolutely the nicest wine I've ever sipped, and I am a merlot kinda gal, so for me to enthuse over a white like that is WOW.....but for the drinks,I stuck with the Grey Goose. I picked a liquor and decided to stay with it, I don't need no steenkin' hangovers, and I like grey goose. At this resort, each bartender has their own "hand", now they mix drinks. At the events on the premises, it seemed like vodka based drinks always came with lemon, and gin based always came with lime, so that they could tell the difference when serving the mass quantities of drinks.Well, somewhere between the party and the bar, someone reversed that. I watched 3 different people gag on their drinks, and then looked down at mine .Lime :X And left it on the bar. [Oh, don't worry, I got another one right quick! ]The bartender looked up like she just woke up, I could SEE the horror on her face, and felt pretty bad for her. I've been on the service end of a large drunken crowd, and that's a tough row to hoe.

It is always such a blast, to see people who don't have to drive or pay, party. Some of the people Steve works with [and I am NOT naming names, and a LOT of these people were from all over the place, I never met them before] OMG,they let their hair down so far it fell out !! I mean, I'm no slacker, but I could not keep up and didn't try, neither did Steve. The first morning there, we come down,and the people that actually made it to breakfast.....woo-hoo,VERY rough around the edges some of them, I wanted to go tell them my theory about not mixing boozes.
So I told you, we were gonna do the Land Rover off road course as our activity. We both just decided,we HAVE to have some down time, HAVE TO. So our activities were:

Day One: breakfast. Curl up to watch a movie and NAP [Steve was stunned...aside from having kids or being very ill, I don't nap at all.....but WAIT there's MORE!! Eat lunch, walk around a bit, go back to the room and NAP again. Get up shower dress and hit the night life.
Day two: breakfast.Put on a movie with NO pretense of watching it and nap. Lunch walk around nap. GEt dressed and hit the night life.
Nap appeared to be the common theme, and we needed it so badly. I didn't know I had to go to Vermont to get a break :o) Thank you very much Toyota, we had a great time :o)

And now for that "more later", tasty delicious, melt -in-your-mouth irony.
We both felt kinda guilty for going on the trip, and not finishing the unpacking or any of the myriad things left to do. But this trip was a gift, right? Well, kinda. We paid for that puppy in spades when we got home :X
You may remember:
-this house came with a brand new smooth top electric stove.
-Gail prefers gas ranges and brought her own to the Shack
-Steve sells the electric, with the thought of putting some of the proceeds towards a new range hood, my current one BITES.
-Delay, delay, delay in the picking up of said range.
-Get ready, this will be VERY tasty.
-The buyer finally shows up to pick up the electric range after we got home sat. afternoon. ONE HOUR later, I ask Steve to preheat my lower oven for me.
NADA.
No sounds, no heat, NADA.
It appears that my range broke within the hour after we sold the smooth top.
That we could have used and sold as used, and I would not be without an oven right now.
Can you DIG that? I thought Steves head was gonna pop off. He ripped it apart, and took some part from my upper [smaller]oven and used it in the lower [regular size] oven, so at least now I can cook while we wait for the replacement part. But WAIT! THere's MORE!! We have a huge walk in shower, one side is an adult height shower head, the other side a child height shower head.The child height shower head is leaking.We need to find a cut off for it......or [tasty stuff again!] rip the tiled wall out. I am figuring I'd better learn how to tile like RIGHT NOW.
Oh! And I do have a party pic to post. I asked Steve "How do I look" and looked up and there he was with the camera, that sneak :o) ...if I can find the camera cord. And I don't have a CLUE where it is. All I remember thinking when I put it away was "Brilliant ! I CAn't lose it now!!!"
Haven't I ever met myself?

July:
13th: Fool's Paradise Day
14th: National Nude Day

~It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.~ post signature

No comments: