~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Tuesday, July 28

If Facebook is from De Debbil, then Classmates is Hell.

Dear Bloggie,
Did you SEE this?
Shit, I can't c & p it. On the AOL Welcome screen today [no anti-aol salvos! OK, maybe one or two but that's IT]

Oh, wait, yes I can.How friggin TACKY is this? This is like a woman in the grocery store in a pink chenielle bathrobe, big big pink plastic curlers with a hairnet, with a ciggie hanging out of her bright red lipsticked mouth screaming that THOSE LE-SEWER PEAS ARE 59 CENTS EACH DAMMIT!!!


-------
Hitting a Sad Note

Dead Body Found at Music Festival

Bassist Lost Both Arms in Accident
-----


"Hitting a Sad Note"?? OMFG ! The welcome screen changes in a slideshow fashion, I had to keep back-clicking to make sure I didn't misread that [ I have a gift of misreading things] so AOL advertizers thought they got a few more clicks than they really did. I wish they had a "Clicked only in disgust, not in actual interest" button I could click.

I deleted my classmates account today. I joined when they started up, and it was free. And I almost didn't mind them charging an annual fee to get all the info from the site, me more than most would know what that would cost. I chose not to participate, and basically over the years I ignored it. Until today. I got 8 e-mails from Classmates, everything from "look who searched for you" ....only to be hit up for that pesky annual fee,....to 2 people I actively disliked in high school,"I saw you at classmates but you didn't answer so I'll try on facebook" And I didn't really dislike anyone, if I cared about you I did and if I didn't you didn't blip on my radar. but THOSE 2....

The first one. I was a freshman in h.s, and knew this persons sister. Person one, when I walked into the bathroom, was sucking stuff from a spoon up into a needle, had a piece of rubber tied around her arm, and as calmly as the nuns at mass, let me know if I told anyone she would find me and kill me. Dead eyes. I'd never seen drugs like that or eyes like that before. I can see it right now, all these years later. I have NO interest in anything that person might have to say, and can't imagine why she would want to contact me anyway.

Person two was a bitch hag who, when lying to me about Steve didn't break us up, made some pretty hefty insinuations about me. *Insinuations*, not outright lies, and ones that had to potential to do some real damage. To anyone who would listen. Now,*I* knew, hell, EVERY one knew none of this was true, but it was still going around, around, around. You know, I can still feel myself cringe, as I did when person after person after person asked me "if it were true".Sweet Baby Jesus. So, all these years later, 2 very bad experiences jumped up and bit my ass, on the same day.
That felt good, to type that out. And really, I re-read what I just typed, and that's the way it went down, WHY WHY would those 2 people think I wanted any contact with them? THAT is a question I wish I had an answer for. So I deleted myself from classmates. Now, I can read minds! I can hear you thinking "Gail hon, you showed us your diningroom! We've seen your house and your kiddies! So, if they are looking, they will find you" and while that is true, I blog because *I* enjoy it, because I am touching people who care about me and we and us, because they TELL me that. Or because they enjoy counting how many things I've lost to Teriyaki and red pepper sauce over the years. No one will dictate my conduct to me. But that doesn't mean I'm open to potshots from the past, either. And I already have them permanently blocked at facebook.

You know, I'm lucky, I'm healthy and don't feel my chronological age. Except, sometimes, when I think about technology. I remember hard phone cords, dial phones, and party lines. The National Anthem at the end of the late movie, and "snow", when the channels went off the air. 2,4,5,7,9,11 and 13,-PBS, that WAS television.My kids are growing up in a time where you never lose contact with the past...sometimes that's good, but sometimes, nothin' could be finer than to be able to walk away from a painful experience. Or a painful person.




July:
29th: Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day
30th: National Cheesecake Day

And.....
If you divide the worlds Legos among the human race, every man,woman,and child gets 75.

post signature

2 comments:

tech2tech2day said...

Gail, this will happen to you your whole life. The SECOND you see a name like that in your in box, just delete, don't even read. They are not worth the energy to respond to. Even if they wish to apologize for what they did, that is to THEIR benefit, not yours. They want a catharsis. You owe them nothing. Delete! Do I dare ask if you are all unpacked yet? J/K !!!
Peace,
Nina

Gail said...

Hi Nin!! I thought you swore off blogs:o) Glad to see you here. And...I-T-A.Even if these 2 assholes want to apologize, they'd do it for themselves,and I ain't interested. On a sidenote....we would LOVE to have you & Dean up, we're looking forward to a lot of people showing up :O) Steve forwarded a link to my blog to the R.E agent
[Susan Walski/ Keller- Williams Realty,....if this ever pops on a google I'd be thrilled for her]
that sold us this joint, and she said she expects to be invited to a BBQ! I LOLed at that, you know the weather we've had here,you have it worse. But hell, I'll call her[we really liked her.] At this stage of the game, no one expects too much. Come to me! I never realized how HARD it was in the old place until I got here,and all the petty shit that crops up doesn't even blip on my radar.Just don't ask to see the "library" yet. Ok, I'll show you, but NO LAUGHING!!! OK,a lil laughing :O) It will come right in the next few months,..or years.... and we are THRILLED,at least when putz next door is dressed :O) :O) You know,maybe I shoulda e-mailed you or called you,but here ya go :O)Glad you're home, and missed you honey {{{Nin}}}}