~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Thursday, July 30

Old Friends

A great day here at the Love Shack!

I had another real life meeting today, a person who means so much to me.
I told you, I work weird ass hours. Today I got out of work @ 12:30. One hour to get home. All the way, something is thudding around in the back of my truck. Every corner,THUNK. I am getting nervous about this, is it something *I* did? Innocent lil ol' ME??? How much will THIS cost? I pulled in the driveway, and pulled the inside of the truck apart. Finally found..... drum roll please.....ONE of my favorite blue boots, [I have blogged those boots, come to think of it, in the bloggie where Steve was in the doghouse] it has been in there since the move, [ not ONE word about why *A* boot was in the truck still,...I haven't found the other one yet, for all I know THAT one will bust a move next Tuesday] and it decided to bust a move and roll around the cargo area. I was THRILLED!!! I'm holding it up, laughing like a loon, YAY Gail! ......and someone pulls in behind me. And that someone was John, my cello teacher and friend. I have known him for 33 years, but haven't seen him in a loooong time.Now, we had planned for him to come to us at the Shack, and he had made the offer to make a print of any of the B&W's on his blog:

http://johnvossphotography.blogspot.com/

as a present for the Shack. I know exactly where it's going, and how I'll frame it, and will bloggie that when I git 'er done. But I missed his call, [ or I PROMISE I would not have been standing in the driveway holding up a blue boot like a hunting trophy, a great first impression :x ]
We come in the house, and Tony is home. I tell him, hey Tony, I brought a man home with me, and he says, is it John Voss? Later, Stevie shows up for the laundry/dinner day, and I say to him, hey, I have someone I'd like you to meet. Stevie says is it Him? Could John TELL he'd been discussed?? I'm only sorry Steve and Boo weren't here. Always a pleasure, he hasn't changed one Bit, still as funny and kind as ever. We picked up right where we left off, and had a few good laughs too. It's very rare to have a friendship pass the test of time like that, and I feel very lucky. Plus, he was more than polite about the mess Tony left in the bathroom, and the books yet to be shelved in the "library". AND he approved of Ruby :O) Once again, I find myself saying "Thank You, John" .
The other fantastic thing that happened today........ Steve won a Toyota award again !!! ANOTHER drum roll please,.........a trip to Turks and Caicos Islands ! BUT.....most dealerships that participated were given the choice, if they won, of the trip or a cash award. Steve wasn't given that choice. Even as we speak, his rep is gonna try and move heaven and earth to get Steve the moolah. He needs a shed, but he WANTS a pool, so I vote pool! YAY YAY Steve, you ROCK it honey :o)

Oh, and I guess this falls into the category of "Glass half full or half empty"... every once in a while I make a dinner that falls totally outside Steves comfort level. He is a roast chicken and white rice kinda guy, and I love that about him. I found this fantastic looking punjab simmering sauce for chicken, and that was gonna be dinner tonight, along with a lot of oven roasted vegetables that are not his best friends, oh No. BUT....I am still not accustomed to this refrig, and just discovered that the chicken is rock hard. And Who am *I* to fight fate? So, italian take out it will be, Steve is safe.........for tonight, hehehe. But I can still oven roast the veggies. :X

Also, this is for my MIL [Mother In Law]
Hi, Mary :O) Steve told me last night you read my blog, I didn't know :o) Here's a pic I uploaded to facebook. I wanted you to see the floors,...I took the pic the other night in the middle of a furniture mishap :X Ruby had to come out of the 3rd bedroom [music room for now] so Steve had room to dismantle stuff.



When you 2 are recuperated from your travels, let us know, you can come meet the Shack :O)


post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Honey, I'm really sorry I didn't get to see John today. Even though I didn't know him well, he meant a lot to you and that made me like him automatically. What a nice picture he gave us to hang! Thanks John if you're reading this!

I never thought I would win this trip, it was completely off my radar. I just made my numbers for the 2 months and the point scoring was for how far over the numbers you were. Well, having just met them made me figure I didn't have a chance and I wasn't even wondering whether I had a shot at it. I pray they can swap my trip with someone that won the money. It has to get OK'd by the head of the region who is a friend of the owner. Maybe I should give Dennis a call tomorrow... I really need the shed. Shed first honey, I want that garage for the winter. Mr.Obama can buy us the pool in the spring with some of the $8K he's throwing our way for helping out the economy and buying our "Shack".

Gail said...

I can't tell you how happy Johns visit made me! And at work, my phone is always on vibrate only,
[it will blink at me when I have a txt,if you need to reach me during the work day, txt me,..I'll txt back or call you :)]so that's how I missed his call...for the LIFE of me, I can't imagine what he thought, seeing me holding that damn boot over my head like a hockey trophy!I ROCKED at work,I mean, I REALLY rocked at work, I had John here this afternoon,he got to meet the boys,we have the completion of the B&W area, and you won a doozy of a prize...all on the same day. AND I HAVE TOMORROW OFF!!! Now, lets discuss an a.c for the music room please?Oh, and John says I HAVE to have a new A string, so I'll go get that now Dear :O)[He adjusted the bridge too, and WOW.]
A VERY cool day :O)