~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Saturday, August 1

Turkeys: The Official Yard Animals of the Gail household.

A Friday into Saturday bloggie, because I got sidetracked again. And Steve has the leaky shower torn apart, so I don't have to work in there. And I'm pretending there's nothing else I need to be doing right now. So I'll chat with yall for a while. THEN I'll remember the laundry waiting to go into the dryer....but that's later.

Friday:
I need to re-purpose what came with the house, even if I don't like it, until the point that we can afford what we want. So, the main bathroom is presenting a HUGE challenge to me. No tub....a HUGE shower but no tub......

[and there's a light in the shower. I'm always afraid to use it, water and lights just aren't RIGHT together. But they are fun]

.........and the medicine chest is probably original to the house, complete with the "stage light" lights. Arrrrrgh. BUT...we have bigger fish to fry right now. I scrubbed the living shit out of the shelves, but they still looked bad. I had today off, and my project was to cover the shelves in that cabinet with contact paper.......the official paper of Hell [tm].

You know, I know, we ALL know, the axiom..... measure twice, cut once. I measured those friggin shelves 4 TIMES.

[and I will tell you, I have a sister who called me the "queen of contact paper" after I redid an old freezer, to make it last 10 more years until we bought the Shack, and bought our new upright that I sneak into the basement to look at. It's so purdy. I KNOW contact paper. Unfortunately, it knows me too, and it decided to be a bitch today.]

The lowest shelf is wider than the upper ones. Oh, I measured, measured, measured, measured and cut ok......and came up 4 inches short. I don't have a CLUE what happened. It stuck together and bunched up like PETA at a tanners convention. That kinda pissed me off, and I'm standing there with scissors in hand, being pissed.....the contents of the cabinet all over the place....and Tony walks in, HE wants to shower before he goes to the AC/DC concert. I don't think our kids realize sometimes, how close they skirt to the edge of our patience. Tony certainly didn't.

So, I leave in a huff. Go to the kitchen and look out the window at the rain....and see 3 turkeys in the back yard. This morning, our neighbors got deer and a loon in THEIR yard, and Gail gets a black cat and turkeys. How friggin appropo. But I DID know exactly where the camera AND the camera cable were, so that marked a real watershed in the unpacking process. I CAN FIND SOME THINGS!!!
But I digress, what else is new. The turkeys came around the side of the house to the front yard, and I was able to open the front doors [a kinda noisy proposition, I thought they'd be scared by it] and got some good shots of the official yard animals of the Gail household !![that's Stevies car out front, Tonys' cohort for the concert]

































I wondered if I would blog this or not, but could not resist. No matter HOW much you were paid....would YOU:
A) Get a brazilian wax
B) Allow a camera crew IN THE ROOM WITH YOU
C) Allow THAT to be shown on national TV?

The video:
http://tinyurl.com/m7zr56

A g-rated explanation of this process. I canNOT imagine this:
http://beauty.about.com/od/hairremoval/ht/bikiniwax.htm

The "lady" being waxed is from "The View", a daytime ABC "news" program. When this show premiered, I was a SAHM. It was touted as the be-all of intelligent news shows, featuring WOMEN in a round table discussion format. Woo-Hoo! I'll go for that! By the end of the first season, they were already lying about the firing of the youngest "newswoman", and I could see it was more of a henhouse/info-tainment show than a news show. [I will NOT tell you that I am a secret addict to Fox news when I am home now....... no, you'd think I was a phlilistine] But really, for ANY amount of money, would you do that AND tape it AND show it on TV? And Barbara Walters thinks a WAX is NEWS???? I wouldn't even let anyone see the hissy fit I had at the damned contact paper! [no, I will just out myself and blog about it. ]
I took a "quiz" on Facebook, one my niece T had taken. About "What kind of Bitch are you". It turns out *I* am a classy bitch. I guess I am, I CERTAINLY wouldn't pour hot wax on my hoo-haw in front of a bazillion people.

August:
1st: Friendship Day
2nd: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

"The English Language"

"It's a strange language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water" -Franklin P Jones

"Any language where the unassuming word "Fly" signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentlemans' apparel is clearly asking to be mangled." -Bill Bryson

"English has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "Solitude" to express the glory of being alone" -Paul Tillich

"Not only does the English language borrow words from other languages, it sometimes chases them down dark alleys, hits them over the head, and goes thru their pockets" -Eddy Peters

post signature

No comments: