~“The Blog That Watches Back”~

Wednesday, August 5

----->Ironing as a contact sport<------

Every relationship has it's give and take. Over here, I iron for Steve. He keeps my truck beautifully maintained and the tank full, and we're both happy. BUT...these things come with a price. Steve agrees that once a week, he will come and "entertain" me while I iron. This "entertainment" has taken MANY forms, from talks from the heart [when ironing is done children seem to magically disappear] to a lot of laughs, and tonight was no exception. We chose Billy Joels "Glass Houses" as the music to iron by.

[still no tv in the "Game Room" where the video game units and games are,which is also where I iron. Whoopsie! We're getting there. And REAL games are still played in the living room. SOMEONE here spilled my Scrabble tiles on the basement floor. I am waiting until someone pisses me off, and then I'll tell them to go pick em up. Steve, kids, you are WARNED! Now wait and see, I'll wind up pickin' em up anyway.]

You canNOT stand still thru that album, and it makes the job go faster. Steve decided to entertain me by singing every OTHER word to the songs on that cd. The ones he could remember the words to. And do all the stupid funny things that make the kids eyes roll, if they were there to see it. I had to threaten to iron out some of HIS wrinkles, AND I told him I'd blog that threat. And he went and did it....he triple dog dared me. There ya go!
Of course the job took longer than usual, not just because of certain people, but because we were popping a circuit breaker we didn't know included the game room. We had the windows in the library open, I can PICTURE the horror on putzs' face next door, that'll teach HIM to come out to get the paper dressed like a half naked ninja, there is JUST so much a person can take before coffee. The job got side tracked by laughter, and said circuit breakers. I so much appreciate Steves sense of humor, and I realized that a great sense of humor is something all my friends have in common.....dry wit or in-your-face, or anywhere inbetween. I've been on this job since September, and I am still shocking people, you'd think they'd have my measure by now. Todays work included 5 inch black silicone tubing. There was a miscut and I wound up with one 10 inch cut.Yes, I had a lot of fun with my ten-incher, making the guys knew *I* had the biggest one,......one of the guys MAY have ripped the zipper on his shorts bent over laughing, and the owner may or may not think I'm crazy, but you didn't hear that from me, cause *I* ain't one to gossip.

Which brings me to a thought I had. You know,when you're a kid, you're in school, or in front of mom and dad,....authority figures...... you GUARD YOUR TONGUE. Married, married with kids, out in the workforce, ...........don't piss off the boss or inadvertently teach the kids the *F* bomb they're already heard umpteen times.........you GUARD YOUR TONGUE. But....then the kids get older, or leave the nest, and/or you retire, and you start talking whatever smack is on your mind, the more outrageous, un-pc and funny the better. And you Stop guarding your tongue so much. Seniors aren't crazy at ALL, they simply say the things the young'uns won't. I figure, by the time I'm 75, I'll have a new career,...as a comedian. All I'll have to do is speak into a mike, the same unguarded way I speak to Steve and close friends now, and I could rake in the simoleons!

And HERE.TA-freakin-ta-DA...my stabby things are Finally up where they belong!! The kitchen is somewhere near halfway almost done!


I never thought I'd say looking at stabby things gave me the warm fuzzies, but there ya go.

And another plant, in the kitchen [ I SWEAR, a baby from an already owned plant the kids gave to me for Mothers Day! I did NOT bring another plant into this house!!]
I have a mini le creuset [ceramic] pot as a salt cellar in the kitchen. Steve broke the lid, so Steve had the honor of buying me another one. But WHAT to do with the cellar [bowl] itself? I know! Make a planter!
A before pic, this is the new one, with a lemon near it so you can judge it's actual size:



And an after, the ivy taken from my Mothers day gift:


Oh! And since I showed you the Wedding video, I'll show you it's counterpart, the "Jill and Kevins last day" divorce/spoof video.
4th: National Mustard Day
5th: Wiggle Your Toes Day
`The Super Ball was born in 1965, and it became America’s most popular plaything that year. By Christmas time, only six months after Super Balls were introduced by Wham-0, 7 million balls had been sold at 98 cents apiece.~



post signature

2 comments:

toypartman said...

Whoever thought that ironing could be fun? I love that you are every part my equal or better at "garage humor". You are never without a comeback, usually upstaging the dis with gusto. What would I do if I was stuck with some tight assed biatch? Not have much fun, thats what. What can I say, except maybe "keep that damn iron away from my lower unit".

Gail said...

I can see that "Discretion is the better part of Valor" will NOT be our wise words to live by THIS week! As well as being Classy,I am one lucky broad :o)And the Iron will stay away as long as you will reset that damned circuit breaker for me :o)